Despite lifting and gaining muscle, I am obsessed with the number on the scale

Options
2»

Replies

• HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much. I feel so much better eating more and really paying attention to my macros. I feel better during my workouts and can push harder and lift heavier. I can't believe how much better I feel. I just replaced my scale. It was also recommended that I consume BCAAs. Not sure yet if it is my imagination but my clothes feel better. My only regret is not listening to my body for about 4 years and not believing that eating more applied to me. I really feel great! Thank you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    HilTri wrote: »
    Thank you very much. I feel so much better eating more and really paying attention to my macros. I feel better during my workouts and can push harder and lift heavier. I can't believe how much better I feel. I just replaced my scale. It was also recommended that I consume BCAAs. Not sure yet if it is my imagination but my clothes feel better. My only regret is not listening to my body for about 4 years and not believing that eating more applied to me. I really feel great! Thank you.

BCAA's are worthless. Consume adequate protein and you will be good. If you want to understand what good supplements are available, below is a running list of them.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10637410/beneficial-supplements-which-ones-are-right-for-you#latest
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options

That's great. Glad you are feeling better about things.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

OP, you may also like this thread. There are tons of people who have increased there calories and didn't see any weight gain. In fact, one girl added an extra 1000 calories and stayed the same weight. It's amazing how adaptive the body can be sometimes.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thank for your post. I just can't believe I informed my body for so long! I have truly had an epiphany! The very best part is being able to work out harder. Thanks for the info.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

BCAA's are worthless. Consume adequate protein and you will be good. If you want to understand what good supplements are available, below is a running list of them.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10637410/beneficial-supplements-which-ones-are-right-for-you#latest

Thank you for this. Missed this thread and appreciate the good information.