Spring into Summer 2018 Goal

SaraTN
SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
edited March 2018 in Challenges
I thought I would post a challenge and ask others to join with their personal goal(s) to hold myself accountable. In my 40s I discovered the weight doesn't just fall off like it used to... it has fluctuated up and down and I want to be the best me I can be as I approach 50. My goal is to lose 20 pounds between the first day of Spring and the first day of Summer. I feel this is a healthy and attainable goal. No gimmicks or quick fixes just good ole fashioned calories in vs calories out.

My diet is already pretty healthy - it could be better but I eat out frequently (work lunches) - so its all about making the best choice. I definitely need to move more and commit myself to the gym... so that is what I am going to do... a minimum of 10,000 steps per day - and 30-60 min of exercise per day - a combination of strength, flexibility, and cardio. I am going to try an Orange Theory Fitness class because a friend of mine had great results and enjoyed it.

Feel free to join this thread with your own personal goals and report you success as often as you want. I hope to find inspiration and accountability through this thread.

Replies

• mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Great idea! I've lost 30lbs since 1/1/18 and want to lose at least 45 more.
    My goal for the first day of Summer (think its June 21) will be to be down 25 lbs.

SW (3/20): 194.4
    Mini Goal (4/16): 188.9
    GW (6/21): 169.4
    Utimate GW: 150
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    I was looking for exactly this kind of challenge! I lost 19 lbs in a Winter to Spring challenge and would love to keep going!

Starting Weight: 177.4
    Weight loss goal for 13 weeks: 14 Pounds

March 20- 177.4
    March 27-
    Goal for March: 2
    Total loss for March: 0

April 3-
    April 10-
    April 17-
    April 24-
    Goal for April: 4 LBs.
    Total loss for April-

May 1-
    May 8-
    May 15-
    May 22-
    May 29-
    Goal for May: 5 Lbs.
    Total Loss for May-

June 5 -
    June 12 -
    June 19 -
    Goal for June: 3 LBs. -
    Total loss for June-

Current Weight: 177.4
    Total Loss: 0.0
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    This is a great idea! I'm currently only 1 pound from goal weight, so my goals are going to be mostly NSVs. I'm moreso aiming to reduce bodyfat percentage, strength train at least 3 times a week, and have a cardio day at least once a week!
  • ltm1981
    ltm1981 Posts: 2 Member
    I need to lose 4lbs, but very stubborn 4 :D (I want to go down from 118 to 114 (I’m 5’3) and then to try not getting them back). I’ve been out of shape for the past year due to hip injury (I used to jog 3-4 miles every day but had to stop). I plan to keep 1500 calories a day (except for the weekends :) ) and do some cardio at least 4 days a week.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    Im in for this. I would like to lose 15 by then (which will put me at my goal)
    Starting weight (as of 3/14)-150.6
    Goal weight-135
  • KarlyeLou
    KarlyeLou Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    I love orange theory!! I go three times a week but I just started my own challenge to go five days a week, started intermittently fasting, and am cutting sugar. My goal is to lose 5-10 pounds and become more defined by swim suit season!
    Starting weight 130. It would be great to get down to 125 but if I’m building muscle and losing inches I’m ok with maintaining my weight.
  • vmccants28
    vmccants28 Posts: 9 Member
    I am in --sounds like a plan
    3/21/18 SW 265
    5/21/18 Mini Goal 235
  • Mz2nd2No1
    Mz2nd2No1 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm all in...
    3/20/18......Current Weight 254.8
    6/21/18......The minimum of 230.0 at the end of challenge.
  • SaraTN
    edited March 2018
    Great... looks like we have a good group with attainable goals!

Current weight is 148 I am 5ft 6
    June 21st target is 128
    Goal weight 125 (but I am not hung up on the number if I look/feel great in a bikini)
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    I'd like to drop 20 pounds. I'm 5' 4", 44 yrs old.
    2018-03-22:
    CW: 169
    June 21st target: 156
    Ultimate goal weight: 145-150

• HarveysBud
    HarveysBud Posts: 420 Member
    HarveysBud wrote: »
    I am so down. I've dropped 20 since January with a goal to drop another 22 by mid-July!! Just the motivation I need. Committed to 100% MFP honest tracking, gym 5 days a week, and long walks Sat-Sun with Harv!

I guess I missed a step!!

3/22/2018
    CW: 232
    June 21st target: 212
    Overall goal weight: 202
  • hlageson
    hlageson Posts: 3 Member
    I want to lose 15 lbs, especially before summer bc I've been feeling super self conscious about my body. It's just hard cuz sugar tastes so darn good!! Anyone who wants and can give motivation, add me :)
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    SaraTN wrote: »
    Great... looks like we have a good group with attainable goals!

Current weight is 148 I am 5ft 6
    June 21st target is 128
    Goal weight 125 (but I am not hung up on the number if I look/feel great in a bikini)

@SaraTN your goal is very attainable! I am 5'7" and 52 years old. From the end of March until the end of June last year I went from 145 to 125. I have stayed in my maintenance range of 125-129 for the last year (average right around 127). Good luck reaching your goal!
  • okdem
    okdem Posts: 14 Member
    I'm in, too! I decided to lose 3 kg last spring and did it without any problems (159 cm, 50-52 kg). When I reached my goal weight (47 kg) I wondered if I could go further and see how I look at 46, then 45 kg. That was a stupid idea)))) One morning I woke up and saw a "skeleton" in the mirror. I got scared and decided to stop and put on those 2 kg back, but got carried away with bingying and holidays and birthdays, and now I'm 50 kg again. This time I'm planning to lose 2-3 kg and maintain that weight. But I don't want to stick to the 1280 calories suggested by the programme, because when I did that last year I lost weight too quickly (I set it for 250 g a week, but lost 400-500 g a week, even though I sometimes ate more than suggested). I want to show my bingying brain who's in control. Have read lots of books/articles on will power - it's time to put the acquired knowledge to test. B)
  • finchi82
    finchi82 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi SaraTN, thank you for this, just what I need - i'm looking to drop 18 lb - it's the last 18 of 42 lb I've been trying to shift for a year and a half. I'd managed to get down to just 7 lb remaining, but with various stresses I've managed to gain 11, not lose 7, and although not gained it all back, it's kind of disheartening and I need something to keep me in check!
  • LLCin2019
    LLCin2019 Posts: 7 Member
    I’m in! I need to lose 45 lbs and staring off with a goal of twenty pounds before summer sounds great!
  • SaraTN
    Welcome all... feel free to post the good days to inspire us and make a note on the not so good days so we can inspire each other... one day is just that.... one day.... trouble starts when 2 days turn into 3 and 3 turns into 4... and so on and so on..... For example, I didn't get to the gym yesterday as planned so today, I will go and spend an extra 30 minutes there... it is Saturday after all ....
  • rpclark533
    rpclark533 Posts: 3 Member
    I am excited to join this challenge. I am 5’4 female and I weigh the most I have ever weighed at 199 pounds. I really do not want to ever see over 200 pounds on the scale. So I am leaving for a trip south and this could push me over but I am making a commitment to myself and to this group that I WILL EAT HEALTHY AND EXERCISE DAILY during my trip. I want to lose 20 Pounds by July.