Need to get my groove back...

Four and a half years ago, after yo yo dieting for years and just getting bigger, I broke down and had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy. I lost 103 pounds and felt great....but my friends and family kept telling me I had gotten too skinny and looked sick. At 57, I did look a bit gaunt so I cut back exercising so much and started forcing myself to eat more. It took almost a year but I did finally gain 10lbs. back...held there for 4 months. Next thing I knew it was 20, now 25. Aaaaagh! I need accountability again and am hoping that getting back to tracking and picking my exercise back up that I can lose the extra 15lb. Looking to find the happy medium again! Sally

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Aww! Sometimes people say weird things. Welcome to MFP!
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    I think it's a psychological thing with people familiar with you. They are mentally comparing you to your old self so you do look skinny and gaunt compared to before and it's startling for them. But I bet if you were a stranger they were meeting for the first time they wouldn't think twice. You'd just look like a normal fit person to them.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Hello Texas Sally!