any kindred spirits out there?

Options
hello MFPers,

kate here, from vancouver BC.

along with issues with my weight, i suffer from pretty bad depression, and have for the past 8 or 9 years. only in the last 2 has it become so bad that i couldn't work, have to rely on disability, and to be maybe too candid, went through two rounds of ECT.

if there is anyone out there that battles the same monsters, big or small, do feel free to add me, i'd love a few people who can relate on my friends list.

i want to lose weight not only to feel good about myself again and fit into my cute clothes, but because i am a true believer in diet and exercise as being a key part of recovery from depression (and anxiety)

other tidbits about me:

i am a huge animal lover and passionate about animal welfare. i have two chinchillas, a cat, and a lovebird in my brood <3
music is my life! love electronica, rock n roll both classic and contemporary, big jazz fan, and hip hop takes top billing on my playlists :)
i'm a huge trekkie
i love to read
i have a degree in linguistics, but want to work with animals

anyone who is looking for a new MFP friend, give me an add, (the depression thing is not a prereq btw ;)

Replies

• Firefighter208
    Options
    I've suffered from self esteem/depression/anxiety issues for as long as I can remember (I'm 34). I was on meds for a while a few years back, but didn't want to rely on them so I stopped. Most days I can fake my way through, but some take all I have and are extremely exhausting. I'm hoping cleaning up my diet and getting in shape will help with the majority of these issues (anxiety is the biggest one).
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I sent you a FR :)