Is there such a thing as too much oatmeal?

Options
2»

Replies

• SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    No ... it's good for you. Filling. High fibre.
    Helps lower your blood pressure.
    Knocks your bad cholesterol down.

My husband has high cholesterol-I'll see if he'll eat some of it :)
  • SJVZEE
    Options
    You could turn some of the oats into no-bake cookies and freeze them-- I made some with protein powder in them that turned out pretty nicely.

No reason to limit oatmeal, as long as that isn't ALL you are eating.

Enjoy your oats!

Thanks for the suggestion!

I also got 6-25lb buckets of wheat berries oh.my.goodness! A very unexpected and unusual gift lol.
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I despise oatmeal :noway: but do add oats whenever I made homemade bread. :smile:

As for your oatmeal and wheat berries gifts, looks like your friend (relative?) was rotating or getting rid of) their preps. I see those buckets in a catalog I get every month. :smile:
  • SJVZEE
    Options
    I despise oatmeal :noway: but do add oats whenever I made homemade bread. :smile:

As for your oatmeal and wheat berries gifts, looks like your friend (relative?) was rotating or getting rid of) their preps. I see those buckets in a catalog I get every month. :smile:

Someone gave them to my fil, who was going to use them to feed his chickens. He mentioned it to me and after looking at the buckets I realized what he had-the chickens lost out and I'm now up to my eyebrows in wheat berries and oats :laugh:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    if you have cracks in your driveway, you can probably fill them in with a paste made of oatmeal and water. it'll setup like concrete.

same thing if your home is stucco and has cracks, or if you have an in ground pool.

it's a great sealant.

:tongue:
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Love oatmeal but not the carbs
  • will53421
    Options
    yes.

any oatmeal is too much oatmeal.

mr-yuk.gif

Mr. Yuk! He kept me from drinking drain cleaner and other fun chemicals from under the sink as a kid.