Yoga

Options
Anyone else using yoga as their main form of exercise?
I do 60+ minutes a day. It helps me become more aware of my body and what I put in it.
Also not following numbers on the scale. I’m going off inches lost and how I feel.
Just working on being over all healthy.

Replies

• vivalavida82
    vivalavida82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do yoga daily, 30 to 60 minutes. But I’m not sure it’s my main source of exercise. I also do a lot of cycling and walking.

I find that when I do yoga, I definitely care more for myself and I feel like eating healthier. It’s also so good for strength and flexibility. Just makes me feel great all around.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Yea yoga! It doesn't need a gym membership. Don't need to go out in the winter weather. Doesn't bother neighbors. Lots of complimenting cardio exercise too. Great to start the morning.
  • mollybeszhak920
    mollybeszhak920 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do yoga daily, 30 to 60 minutes. But I’m not sure it’s my main source of exercise. I also do a lot of cycling and walking.

I find that when I do yoga, I definitely care more for myself and I feel like eating healthier. It’s also so good for strength and flexibility. Just makes me feel great all around.

The awareness of my daily choices are what I need and yoga definitely helps!
    Once our rain goes away and the weather warms I’ll be putting my daughter in the carrier to go for walks. Can’t wait for that!
  • mollybeszhak920
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Yea yoga! It doesn't need a gym membership. Don't need to go out in the winter weather. Doesn't bother neighbors. Lots of complimenting cardio exercise too. Great to start the morning.

Oh I wish I could practice in the mornings. Everything is so chaotic. The best time for me is evening. But at least I get it in!
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily yogi too - but it's not my only form of exercise. I walk my two dogs, I swim, do Aquarobics, go scuba diving and occasionally cycling. What ever I can fit into my daily routine tbh. If I have the time to travel by walking or cycling (and it's not an unreasonable distance) I do so. Healthier me and healthier planet - win win!
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I practice Vinyasa yoga four days a week and love it, but I also do strength training three days.
  • mollybeszhak920
    Options
    Can I add you all for some motivation and accountability?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Can I add you all for some motivation and accountability?

In general, the best way to get friends who share your goals is to go ahead and send a request to the people whose posts you appreciate.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    Sure.
  • skinnyrev2b
    Options
    There's also a group : Daily yogi's.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I wish I could prioritize daily yoga .. I do 2 sessions a week that has worked wonders, and I cant help but think if I did this everyday it would REALLY help.

I guess I kind of do yoga every morning with a few sun salutations built in to my post workout cool down .. but its only 5 mins long, so dont think it really improves much other than stretch out some muscles
  • mollybeszhak920
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    I wish I could prioritize daily yoga .. I do 2 sessions a week that has worked wonders, and I cant help but think if I did this everyday it would REALLY help.

I guess I kind of do yoga every morning with a few sun salutations built in to my post workout cool down .. but its only 5 mins long, so dont think it really improves much other than stretch out some muscles

I do on average 80 minutes a day doing yoga. I’ve lost inches so far.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I sporadically do yoga throughout the year. Sometimes I'll be super regular and go 2-3 times a week, other times I'll go months without doing an asana. I'm a fan of vinyasa yoga, and have been following Baron Baptiste for over a decade.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I do yoga a couple of times a week. As a runner it's easier for me to get some stretching in when it's something structured like a yoga class. I also have some favorite YouTube yoga vids I enjoy doing when I can't get out of work early enough to get to a class.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I do yoga 5 mornings a week about 30-45 minutes. I love it. I also run.