Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Zuchinni Ideas

janisseshirley
janisseshirley Posts: 50 Member
I have some shredded zuchinni that I froze so that I could make some muffins with it, but I am looking for other things to make besides muffins. I was thinking about steaming some of it but I am not sure what spices I could add to it for more flavor. Any ideas or good recipes out there?

Replies

• amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,857 Member
    I use shredded zucchini in vegetable lasagna. Sautee the zucchini with some garlic, then mix with a tub of cottage cheese or ricotta. Make a a bechamel with a large handful of grated hard cheese thrown in. Start to assemble the lasagna with a drizzle of the bechamel and then uncooked lasagna pasta and then the zucchini mixture. Repeat layering, squeezing down on the hard pasta sheets to get a tight fit. Finish with the vegetable or bechamel on the top layer and sprinkle with grated cheese. Leave to rest for a few hours so the pasta has a chance to absorb some of the moisture. It's important not to overlap the uncooked pasta sheets, as those bits will not soften properly. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes loosely covered with foil and another 20 uncovered. Prick with a skewer or pointy knife to test that the pasta has cooked through.

This freezes really well. Pull out a lasgna from the freezer in the morning to defrost and bake as normal in the evening. If you forget to pull it out of the freezer use the defrost setting in a microwave prior to baking.

Google Zucchini Tots too. The Skinnytaste blog does a low calorie version.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I add zucchini to protein pancakes (sweet ones)

Add them to eggs, sauces (like bolognese). People make zoats (shredded zucchini added to oatmeal to bulk it up with addition of minimal calories)
  • TexasTallchick
    TexasTallchick Posts: 138 Member
    I second the zucchini tots! They’re super delicious.