Lossing a lot of weight after menstruation?

Hello there! I'm Adre and I try to be healthy and losing weight. I just wondering, is what I experience is normal? And how is it possible?

So first of, I have done a diet plan of eating 1300-1400kal/day and exercise everyday for 10 minutes. So far I'm doing great, I already lost about 6kg or 13lbs in almost 2 months.

So what I'm noticing is... When it's close to my menstruation, I lost no weight at all. Even though I eat the same and exercise the same. And when my menstruation almost done, I losse 2kg or 4.5lbs in one week! Which is crazy...

So anyone experience this? And why is this happening?

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Water weight.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,076 Member
    The vast majority of women who have periods experience this. It's water weight. The hormonal changes your body goes through during your cycle cause changes in the amount of water your body retains. The extra retained water during certain parts of your cycle mask the fat loss during that time (assuming you're being consistent in calories consumed and burned). At other parts of your cycle, you're shedding water, and the loss of the water weight adds to the loss of fat weight, making it seem like you're losing more at that time.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Normal
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I have the same weight loss cycle. The cocktail of hormones we women experience every month mess with our water retention. Blame progesterone and estrogen.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Lol I always gain 3-5 pounds when I start, and lose it a few days later.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    There's not a lot of photos of ladies with baby elephants. Kudos!
  • adreadrew
    adreadrew Posts: 15 Member
    Wow geez, thanks a lot guys! ^^
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Totally normal water retention. I'll stall on weight loss for 2 weeks out of the month sometimes and then have a big woosh where the water weight goes away plus some. I track my weight daily in the Libra app. It's really helpful for seeing the overall trend and rate of loss. So even if the numbers crept up I can see that it happened before and that it goes away.