It's Been Tough

Options
I'm here today because I'm trying to get over my history of disordered eating habits. I went from 200 pounds all the way down to 120 in a very short amount of time by means which I do not recommend. Within the past year or so I've shot all the way back up to 170 pounds due to binge eating. I'm tired of the binge-starve-binge cycle, I just want to get to a healthy weight and maintain it. Hopefully with the help of myfitnesspal and its community, I can get to where I want to be.

Replies

• jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use exercise as my hobby, but I also try and keep myself busy when I’m home, so I don’t boredom snack.
    Read a book, make some art, and it can really help you stay the course.
  • lamariana2
    lamariana2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i can relate-- i went from 190 to 121by basically starving. then and then all the way back up again, by bingeing. I have started again. You still have a 30 pound loss. Healthy weight loss can be half a pound a week, so please don't discount, that all in all, you have more than a year's worth of victory. Just get back to nourishing your body, numbers sometimes play tricks in our head, just now that a solid day of 3-6 small regular meals of real food is a victory, no matter what the scale says. In time, your body will know when it is hungry, and when it is too full. and when you can feel this , you will have the power to decide how much you eat.