Up 2 pounds this week...need motivation !

Options
Tq43
Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
After a steady loss of 2 pounds per week for the last month, I'm up 2 pounds this week ! In previous times I would have caved in and binged on junk but this time im determined to make it work !
Need inspiration and motivation. Does this happen a lot ????
I'm walking more and eating and logging well. I do eyeball portions sometimes....that may be a downfall !
Any tips etc would be gratefully appreciated !
Of course this could be a women's monthly thing but I'm at the end of my TOM so I thought any retained water would be gone by now !

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    2 lbs is nothing. There will always be water fluctuations.

Log accurately, buy a food scale, then you'll know that you're not gaining fat.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Download a daily weight tracker, I use happy scale. It will show you your trends and even if you’ve gained weight you can see you’re still on track to lose. Don’t give up! As long as you’re sticking to a calorie deficiet you WILL lose weight even if the scale is being crazy for a little while.
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Careful about discouragement on weight loss.. Check the fit of your clothes..Muscle weighs more and takes up less space than fat...sounds like you added muscle density as well as burned off fat. Remember starving has the opposite effect as well. Look at yourself in the mirror and say...I like that!!

Check out eating habits of athletes. That may help as well.

Yes...weight loss fluctuates like that. You got this!
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Careful about discouragement on weight loss.. Check the fit of your clothes..Muscle weighs more and takes up less space than fat...sounds like you added muscle density as well as burned off fat. Remember starving has the opposite effect as well. Look at yourself in the mirror and say...I like that!!

Check out eating habits of athletes. That may help as well.

Yes...weight loss fluctuates like that. You got this!

She didn't gain 2 lbs of muscle in one week on a deficit, but she could be retaining two pounds of water as her muscles repair themselves.

As for the bolded, if you're referring to starvation mode, it isn't a thing. People lose weight at a deficit, period. The only question is whether or not they are doing so at a healthy rate.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Can be holding water or just need to take a big poop :).
  • Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Better just keep going. I've lost A pound of it already so must have been water. Will keep watch on my salt intake too....thank u !