My new WHY

Options
2»

Replies

• jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Because I want to be able to walk well into old age. I want to rollerblade again, I am too heavy and have little core strength. I want to wear a swim suit without a cover up. I really would like abs too, but that's may never happen.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I was raised to define your worth by your successes in life, primarily professionally and financially. When I went to law school in 2009 after floating around career-wise for a few years, I immediately knew I'd found my calling. A year later I met my spouse and we immediately hit it off. And then things started going off plan - jobs I'd hoped to get didn't come through, grades fell a bit, friends got busier and distant, nights out got later and later, my mental health got shakier and shakier, and my weight started going up and up and up. This continued through graduation in 2012 and four more years of regular interviewing and striking out. And then it was the beginning of 2017 and I realized that I had nothing to show for the past two years but a stack of rejection letters, a big old belly, crummy lab results, and the beginning (middle?) of a drinking problem. So I decided to get my *kitten* together, take control of what I could, and start making some changes in my life, with my health front-and-center. To frame it another way, proving to myself that I was capable of growth and happiness even without career success was my why.