Does anyone have the weight watchers scale?

Options
So I have the digital weight watchers scale and lately it's been doing something strange so I figured I'd post to see if anyone knew what was up.

Lately I'll step on the scale and the first weight it gives me is about 5 lbs higher than my last weigh in. So I cry thinking "it can't be so!" and frantically wait for it to clear before hopping back on. Then, miracle of miracles, I get a more expected weight like down a half a lb in a week or up .7 on a less productive week. Then, thoroughly confused, I hop off and on again to find the expected number stays constant.

It's been happening long enough with enough regularity that I believe yhe expected number to be correct but what is this crazy first reading it always gives me? Any ideas or similar experiences?

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have the same scale and the same issue. In fact, there was another topic posted about this a little while back. The theory we all came up with is that you have to step on and off a couple times to let it calibrate itself. This is especially true if you move it around a lot instead of keeping it in one place.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,753 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my digital scale will start acting wonky when the battery is getting low. Try changing batteries and see if that helps.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the battery...mine does this also
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yes I have the same scales I usually wait to get 3 of the same results in a row lol :wink: I never even thought it might be the battery :grumble: will take a look at getting one this week :flowerforyou:

I use the same tile in the bathroom so I know it's in the same place every weigh in :happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I don't have the WW scale but a digital. I like the advice given....weigh 3 times and keep those batteries fresh. Hope this helps!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I don't have that particular scale, but my digital scale is a bit finicky too. I read a tip to step on it and off really fast so that it doesn't take a reading, it just resets itself. Then get on and weigh yourself, it clears any data from the last time you were on the scale to calibrate or whatever. I used to get a variety in what the scale says, now I just tap it with my foot to reset it in between each time I step on and I get the same number every time.
  • SayRah
    SayRah Posts: 104
    Options
    I was housesitting this past week and they had a Weight Watchers scale.....it was a total piece of crap. It said I was 165+ lbs the whole week I housesat. I have gained a bit of weight but I am NOT that overweight! Also it changed a lot, if I checked my weight within one minute I went up or down 1 - 3 lbs.