New cell phone recommendation

Options
MrSith
MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
So it's time I update my phone and I'm looking for some recommendations and why.

I'm not an Iphone guy.......sorry Ituners.

Replies

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using a Google Pixel - first generation. I've had it since January 2017 and it's easily the best phone I've ever used, although it served as my "work phone" only until a few months ago, when I ditched my personal phone and started using the Pixel exclusively. That means that the first year, I really didn't use it for any apps - it was just a phone, e-mail, and occasional text device.

Battery life is good, it runs fast and never gets hung up or buggy like every other phone I've ever used. The fingerprint scanner is perfect. Pictures are very good. OK Google is seamless on this phone and seems to run more smoothly than it did on my Samsung, and it just generally blows Siri out of the water. Bluetooth connectivity is smoother than my Samsung was, too. (To be fair, I was using a Galaxy S5 - I kept it for a pretty long time, so by the time I finally retired it, it was quite "old" in smartphone-years).

I'm probably going to jinx myself, but I've typically carried it naked because it's pretty and smooth and that's how I like my phones. I've dropped it plenty and it's got zero cracks or chips. It's pretty durable.

I'm annoyed about: 1) no wireless charging (I got spoiled with my Samsung); and 2) no expandable memory (I guess nobody does that anymore, anyway). The phone is otherwise so good that I can live without these things.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I still use a iPhone 5
    Honestly if your just making calls and sending out texts iPhone is good
  • TynaBaby17
    TynaBaby17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you just use calls and texts and the occasional internet I def recommend getting the Walmart Family Mobile plan and getting one of their simpler phones! Its $25 a month for unlimited talk/text and 1GB of data! I got the LG Fiesta and it has a good camera and does all the stuff i need it too! it doesn't have much memory so if you put lots of apps or games on your phone it won't work for you but it looks nice and works well and was only $79!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    oanib8jmtyp4.png
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I'm currently using a Google Pixel - first generation. I've had it since January 2017 and it's easily the best phone I've ever used, although it served as my "work phone" only until a few months ago, when I ditched my personal phone and started using the Pixel exclusively. That means that the first year, I really didn't use it for any apps - it was just a phone, e-mail, and occasional text device.

Battery life is good, it runs fast and never gets hung up or buggy like every other phone I've ever used. The fingerprint scanner is perfect. Pictures are very good. OK Google is seamless on this phone and seems to run more smoothly than it did on my Samsung, and it just generally blows Siri out of the water. Bluetooth connectivity is smoother than my Samsung was, too. (To be fair, I was using a Galaxy S5 - I kept it for a pretty long time, so by the time I finally retired it, it was quite "old" in smartphone-years).

I'm probably going to jinx myself, but I've typically carried it naked because it's pretty and smooth and that's how I like my phones. I've dropped it plenty and it's got zero cracks or chips. It's pretty durable.

I'm annoyed about: 1) no wireless charging (I got spoiled with my Samsung); and 2) no expandable memory (I guess nobody does that anymore, anyway). The phone is otherwise so good that I can live without these things.

I have the Pixel 2 and love it, mostly for the same reasons. The battery life is fantastic. My husband, who has had three or four times as many phones as me also agrees. I have had it for 4 months and the only issue I have encountered was with some of the blue tooth connectivity when I first got the phone. Most of those problems appear to have worked themselves out and to be fair, I am not entirely sure that they were issues with the phone or my other devices (my Garmin watch and my Mini Cooper car). I never had any issues pairing with my wireless headphones or my home network.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Just bought the Samsung Galaxy s9. Love it.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Samsung, unless you can't get past the beveled edges (which are definitely different)... in which case either iphone or google. you said you weren't an iphone guy, so google would be my second recommendation.