I m in 100 plus

Options
I have 150 to loose one pound at a time

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    First, welcome! Second, you "lose" weight, you let horses "loose" (sorry, pet peeve on MFP). Third, use the MFP tools to calculate your calorie level for desired weight loss. Log what you eat (measure what you log). Get a food scale and be prepared for a shocking realization that your portions are bigger than you thought. Don't get impatient or frustrated, after an initial quick loss you may plateau periodically as your body fluids shift. Increase your calorie budget with doable exercise (that increases in duration and intensity as your lighter body gains ability). Join a challenge, mutual support is essential. Stay focused (for me that means a visit to the scale every morning). Losing weight is hard and often sucks. Embrace the Suck and succeed.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    First, welcome! Second, you "lose" weight, you let horses "loose" (sorry, pet peeve on MFP). Third, use the MFP tools to calculate your calorie level for desired weight loss. Log what you eat (measure what you log). Get a food scale and be prepared for a shocking realization that your portions are bigger than you thought. Don't get impatient or frustrated, after an initial quick loss you may plateau periodically as your body fluids shift. Increase your calorie budget with doable exercise (that increases in duration and intensity as your lighter body gains ability). Join a challenge, mutual support is essential. Stay focused (for me that means a visit to the scale every morning). Losing weight is hard and often sucks. Embrace the Suck and succeed.

Welcome!
    I agree with the above. Get ready for the surprises, and inner strength you never knew you had!
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. There are many more of us with that much to lose. You are not alone. Congratulations on your start to a better you..