Pure protein powder

Options
How many times do I use it a day? I'm 5'6 and 124 lbs. I want to gain muscle and gain weight: I just bought some and know nothin about it.

Replies

• Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I look at my total protein intake and supplement where needed.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How many times do I use it a day? I'm 5'6 and 124 lbs. I want to gain muscle and gain weight: I just bought some and know nothin about it.

Use it if you can't hit your protein goal with actual food.

I use powder once a week or so just to balance my macros
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Protein can be a quick and convenient way to help you hit your protein goal. I use it once a day usually. More when I'm cutting and less when I'm trying to gain since I typically have no issues hitting my protein goals with so many calories.

If you are trying to gain, make sure you are eating in a surplus.
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I drink protein after a workout or if I was low on a breakfast (calorie boost, too). I always need a little help hitting protein goals when I’m working out.

Try smoothies if you’re just looking for calories.
  • JuneBug6693
    JuneBug6693 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. Would I put one scoop in a smoothie?
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. Would I put one scoop in a smoothie?

Use it to make muffins, or add it to milk and use with cereal, or put it with a can of diet root beer (weird but yummy if vanilla protein). There are a ton of things you can do with it. If you do a google search for "whey protein recipes I'm sure you can find some inspiration.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I throw a scoop of vanilla into the blender with 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup OJ, and frozen mango. Tastes like an Orange Julius.