What's the most you've gained in the shortest amount of time?

Options
I've gained a little over 6 lbs in 21 days since I started getting a takeout every day on top of my regular meal plan. I had been eating to gain 0.5 lbs/week but wanted to push it a little more.

I'm curious if anyone else has ever fast tracked this process. What's the most you've gained in the shortest amount of time?

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah well I've gained that much overnight because I ovulated

So there

I mean. Damn haha that sounds totally like it doesn't suck at all. But I've gone to an all you can eat buffet with other lifters and I'm sure we all gainer a good 5lbs between food and drink.

A lot of that weight might not even be real weight OP and if it is. It's likely fat.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    billkansas wrote: »
    Speaking of ovulation my wife once gained 30 lbs in 9 months and wasn't even trying.

Impressive! What was her secret?
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well... 8 lbs 8 oz was lean mass (baby boy) but the rest was mostly water and fat. Baby boy is gaining a pound per month though of lean mass with not much fat. :D
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I suppose the potential here lies in how much food you want to cram? I have trouble eating more than my .5/ wk because I eat pretty clean. If I ate burgers all the time it would be a lot different.

I ate two whole pizzas once and gained 5# in 30 minutes :D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    4lbs overnight.... it happens (and its water weight).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    10lbs overnight (water)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Fast tracking weight gain depends on if a person is underweight and health is a priority, trying to build muscle etc.

Shoot for .5 - 1 pound per week. Could some of this weight gain be increased sodium/carbs in which you are retaining 2-3 lbs of water? Are you strength training to build some muscle?
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    10 pounds in about a week. It didn't stay on. I have a large range lately. When I stop tracking for about 2-3 days and eat whatever I want, it really comes back on quickly. When I refocus on sticking to calorie deficit and drinking enough water, it comes off within a few days to a week. I think my body is really sensitive to sodium, but my weight swings lately have been crazy. In a month, I went from about 140 to 150 and then down to about 135. I'm at 1200 net calories and eat back my exercise calories.

Editing to add: I just saw this was in the weight gaining forum, so my response is probably not helpful. I am trying to maintain a 50-55 pound weight loss.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I've gained a little over 6 lbs in 21 days since I started getting a takeout every day on top of my regular meal plan. I had been eating to gain 0.5 lbs/week but wanted to push it a little more.

I'm curious if anyone else has ever fast tracked this process. What's the most you've gained in the shortest amount of time?

you want to gain a load of fat?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy aside..

I gained about 0.75lb per week, deliberately. Towards the end of my bulks I get fed up and gain a bit faster (than my usual 0.5lb per week). I wouldn't recommend it for everyone but it works for me.

As a male you could push it to 1lb per week but keep in mind fat gains will increase as well.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I once gained in the area of 15lbs in a hour eating and drinking after catching a double header in 100 degree weather.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I gained about 20 lbs in 2-3 months. I wanted to gain more, but I stalled out at 193 and couldn't manage to cram more than the 4500 calories a day I was eating down my throat to gain more. I was stuck there about 6 weeks.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know. I nevwr weighed myself unless I was at the Dr or something and I had to. And without insurance, I didn't spend much time at the doctors
  • Sparkeysworld
    Sparkeysworld Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    5 stones (70lbs) in 12 weeks.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    The most I gained was about 20 lbs within a year, and it was pretty much all bone and muscle. Granted, that was when I was still growing in height, so obviously I could not replicate that again (although I would love to!)
  • Jenna2315
    Jenna2315 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    60 pounds in 9 months :D
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Jenna2315 wrote: »
    60 pounds in 9 months :D

Yikes! 25 lbs in 9 months here.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in one year.

Or 2 pounds in one week. I have done this *several* times.