Emotional/Night Eating and Exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I eat less during the day just so I can have my night time snacks. If I eat 1500 calories a day I will lose weight, it doesn't matter when I eat them.

If you truly enjoy the evening snacks, see if you can shuffle your day eating to fit them in and also see if you can swap them out for a lower calorie option.
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm awful about middle of the night, when I can't sleep eating. I rarely go above my calorie goal, and never so much so that I surpass the calories I've burned during exercise, but I'm always so disappointed in myself. I'm not actually hungry, just want a snack because I can't sleep!

It took me a while, but I actually enjoy most exercise now. I love zumba, enjoy walking, biking, resistance training and such. LOATHE the elliptical.

Best of luck to you on your journey.
  • KLC3354
    KLC3354 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I struggle with night eating as well. I exercise 5 days a week but the night eating kills me. I can't break it but am trying.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Circadian rhythms matter, your 24 hour clock running in the background - sleep/wake cycles. There's a dip in the middle of the night around 3 am and one again in the afternoon at 3 pm. You won't notice them if sleep patterns are regular. Being sleep deprived slows your metabolism down. Ghrelin, leptin become out of whack - making you hungry in the middle of the night if you're lacking good sleep.