15lbs in 12 weeks

Options
katie1234
katie1234 Posts: 74 Member
Hi everyone,

This is Katie in Ireland.

As a teen I was really skinny and had no boobs, but I put on 5lbs here and 5lbs there year on year and now I'm 162lbs (11.6 stone). I'd love to lose 15lbs before I turn 30 in June.

I have so many nice dresses and other clothes in my wardrobe that don't fit but that I don't want to throw out - I want to wear them.

I'm feeling really self-conscious about my body at this point - it's hard when I started out so slim to have let myself go this far.

So here's the plan. According to the BMR calculator, my maintenance calories are 1750 - so in theory as long as I'm eating fewer than that I should be losing weight. I'm logging all my food, and aiming to eat 1,350 or fewer calories per day. I'm trying to eat very little processed food - lots of soup, chicken, veggies etc and some brown bread or couscous because I don't like to axe carbs completely.

I'm snacking on green apples (1 a day) and almonds (1oz).

I'm upping my water intake and aiming to get outside and walk more too. I got a tattoo last week so I can't exercise heavily yet, but I'm happy to see how far I get with dieting over the next 2-3 weeks and then ramping it up with exercise.

Happy to be here and just wanted to post about the start of my journey.

I'd love to hear any words of advice or encouragement you might have.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you have a well laid out plan there. Keep in mind that sticking to your calorie deficit is your overarching goal, so looking ahead for possible hurdles, is a smart move. A balanced and varied diet made up of foods you like, in just the right amounts to make you lose weight at a good rate, accurate logging (using a food scale), and realistic expectations (an average weekly loss of no more than 1% of your body weight, including fluctuations, and tapering off) will make this ride as smooth as possible.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You have come to the right place :smile: log your food accurately and consistently, stay within the given calories and you will lose.
    Its only 10 weeks til June approx, 15lbs might be over reaching to say the least, but you can make a good dent in that by then and you'll start feeling better about yourself too. Realistically 1lb a week is the most you should be aiming for, perhaps even 0.5lbs to minimise muscle loss along with the fat.

All the best :smile:

Ruth (also from Ireland, but from the North) :smile:
  • hlageson
    hlageson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! Keep going and just think of the end result <3
  • Schlossertim
    Schlossertim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have the plan in place. I would say don't focus on the end goal but the daily work of just getting healthy. Good for you!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Great plan, good luck on your journey.