The mental games

Options
Guys. Why. Why do I struggle with this mental mind *kitten* constantly? Sorry for the language but *kitten*. If I could lose my first 10 pounds I think it would help me. But I go back and forth with okay I’m gonna count my calories and then the next day some inspiring instagram keto transformation picture makes me wanna do keto. Then I switch. Then I go back. Someone slap me. Tell me now, if I count my calories will I lose weight. My gosh it’s science but I need someone to yell at me lol! So even if I wanted a small bowl of ice cream, if it fits, can I have it? My coworker is trying to tell me I must stay under 1,000cals a day even tho MFP says I can have 1,730. HAAAALP.

Replies

• kelsberry92
    kelsberry92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Omg I am dying at the fact that it changed my cuss words to kitten lmaooooo
  • Quade00
    Quade00 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lmfao I was wondering what the heck was going on with kittens and then your apologies!

What you need is CONSISTENCY

stop bouncing around from one to the other. Your body is not adjusting to anything.

Get your *kitten* together lol pick one stick with one for at least a month.

If you’re going to count calories, do a macro calculator online. What ever you come up with in your caloric intake subtract 5-600 calories. No reason to starve your self lol

Now when you factor in the diet and some activity it will start to come off.

They say typically a pound a week is healthy so don’t think that this *kitten* going to happen in a month.....

I mean then again don’t listen to me I’m not certified in *kitten* I just watch a loooot of videos hahahahaha
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    When I was growing up, under 1000cal/day was the layman's definition of anorexia. While the disease itself is more complicated than that, it is true that it is hard to nourish yourself on under 1000cal/day, much less fuel any meaningful exercise or have any joy beyond the euphoria your body sometimes goes through when trying to convince you to eat. You should only consistently eat anything near that under medical supervision.

Focus on making healthy habits. Set a reasonable calorie goal (such as MFP gives) and make healthy choices most of the time that include fibrous vegetables and plenty of protein, with some healthy fats. Don't make it harder than it needs to be!

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple. You KNOW counting calories works so just do that. Eat the food you like and track your portions and calorie intake.

Stay off of social media (for weight loss related information; it's all misleading) and don't talk to your co-workers or family or friends, either (unless you know for a fact they are knowledgeable and you can trust what they say). Everyone has an opinion on how to lose weight but very few of those people are actually successful.

Don't over think it. If you eat fewer calories then you burn you will lose weight. Read the "Success Stories" thread for proof.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Just start on the MFP program and just do it. It uses a system that won't drop you to an unhealthy level of calories, makes you see the whole picture - not just sexy buzzwords.

Does your co-worker have some sort of formal training in nutrition? Human biology? Any sort of certification? Then understand that person IS NOT AN EXPERT. And just because something works for him or her does not necessarily mean it's safe, useful, or pertinent to you.

If you want to do keto, you *can* do it here. Plenty do.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Eat food. Eat the amount of calories MFP says you may have. I eat desserts and drink wine as treats when they fit into my daily calorie limit. Your friend doesn't know *kitten*. Under 1200 calories a day is dangerous, and is why MFP has set that as the absolute bare minimum daily intake.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to your co worker!
    If MFP tells you to eat 1730 cals, start with that. Weight loss happens when we eat less than we burn, start tracking your food accurately, stick to your allowance and you will lose.
    If you need more motivation just check out the success threads to see how well counting calories does work :smile:
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Yes, counting calories works!! Just maintain a deficit and you will get results.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to other people. The only person who knows what works for you is you. Log you food/exercise into MFP religiously & that will help you tremendously.