Sleep and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You are a 5ft 11" guy who is on his feet all day, near his goal weight, and ALREADY WELL WITHIN A NORMAL BMI (I am calculating you at 22.7).

Your paper deficit is incredibly and criminally high!

Your TDEE as an Active to Very Active person (which is what you describe yourself to be) is over 3K calories.

You're claiming to eat 1600 and hopefully are severely under-estimating what you eat.

Chill man. Seriously. You are already at a normal/healthy weight level and want to lose an extra 2-3kg (like 7lbs) of basically vanity weight. How come you are trying for more than 0.5kg/1lb a week?

And, on top of that, what magical transition are you planning when you hit maintenance where you're going to change from eating sub 1600 to eating double that?

I guess it might be different for you. But for me what I want/wanted for a transition between weight loss mode and maintenance is/was... NOTHING. i.e. the least amount of change, thus minimizing the potential for change to mess things up.

Consider that you're not just losing fat. Think about maintenance. and seriously look at the re-feed thread even though you're just/almost at your goal weight.

(and by the way, how did you decide on your goal weight? Is that a fat % metric? A number you pulled out of thin air? Is this the only way you can achieve your underlying goal?)
  • vm007
    vm007 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You are a 5ft 11" guy who is on his feet all day, near his goal weight, and ALREADY WELL WITHIN A NORMAL BMI (I am calculating you at 22.7).

Your paper deficit is incredibly and criminally high!

Your TDEE as an Active to Very Active person (which is what you describe yourself to be) is over 3K calories.

You're claiming to eat 1600 and hopefully are severely under-estimating what you eat.

Chill man. Seriously. You are already at a normal/healthy weight level and want to lose an extra 2-3kg (like 7lbs) of basically vanity weight. How come you are trying for more than 0.5kg/1lb a week?

And, on top of that, what magical transition are you planning when you hit maintenance where you're going to change from eating sub 1600 to eating double that?

I guess it might be different for you. But for me what I want/wanted for a transition between weight loss mode and maintenance is/was... NOTHING. i.e. the least amount of change, thus minimizing the potential for change to mess things up.

Consider that you're not just losing fat. Think about maintenance. and seriously look at the re-feed thread even though you're just/almost at your goal weight.

(and by the way, how did you decide on your goal weight? Is that a fat % metric? A number you pulled out of thin air? Is this the only way you can achieve your underlying goal?)

I kept dropping calories because I didn't see the scale move lol but every day I did end up at 1800 cals. I just wasn't able to go by 1600.

Btw last 2 nights I had full 8 hours of sleep and this morning my weight was at 78.6 lol -so I dropped 1 kg in like 2 days of full sleep. Magic haha!

The goal is 74-75 because at that weight my muscles are visible under all the lights and hair ha! lol. However, this time around abs are already showing at 78.6 kg so I am unsure what changed.

I won't eat double but around 2300-2400. At that point I feel satiated saying from past experience.

However, this time around- I've learned I do much better if my protein and fats are high versus incredibly high carbs and moderate fats/protein. So I'll focus more on Macros for maintenance this time around.