Eating when bored

Options
2»

Replies

• makinemjellis
    makinemjellis Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking enough water! I use the app Plant Nanny to help track water.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Sign up for a Lynda or Udemy or Khan Academy or Coursera or one of the dozens of other online learning sites and expand your skills/knowledge base.

Grab Duolingo or Memrise or Busuu or one of the other language learning sites/apps and start learning a new language.

It may sound silly but one of the best distractions for me is a youtube/wikipeda hole. I'll pick a topic to read/watch and follow the suggested related links. Next thing I know it's an hour (or several) later and I'm watching/reading about something that has absolutely nothing what-so-ever with where I started.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    Sign up for a Lynda or Udemy or Khan Academy or Coursera or one of the dozens of other online learning sites and expand your skills/knowledge base.

Grab Duolingo or Memrise or Busuu or one of the other language learning sites/apps and start learning a new language.

It may sound silly but one of the best distractions for me is a youtube/wikipeda hole. I'll pick a topic to read/watch and follow the suggested related links. Next thing I know it's an hour (or several) later and I'm watching/reading about something that has absolutely nothing what-so-ever with where I started.

So, in other words, take up surfing! I do this too!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    When I'm bored, I drive to local hiking trails or the park and take a walk. Or I weigh the snack I'm about to stuff into my mouth and decide whether I can afford the extra calories that day. Sometimes having that information encourages me to choose a lower calorie option. An apple with an ounce of cheese usually does the trick, or some popcorn. It's a challenge to break a habit, but if you substitute something else for the comforting action of bringing food from bowl to mouth, you'll eventually be able to do it.