Turbo Fire to burn Max fat?? Anyone done it yet?

Options
Hey everyone!
Currently, I need to lose about 80 lbs. I am doing T25 and next month I'm going to start Body Beast with my husband, but since there is a sale on Turbo Fire this month I was wanting to get it to do next.
It says it is to burn max fat, is this true? What's everyone's results with it?

Replies

• dkg1957
    dkg1957 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have this and just started it. I did Turbo Jam first and let me say Turbo Fire is a killer workout. I will update you as I progress.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! :bigsmile: I am currently in day three - and its great! High energy, low impact adjustments available and easy enough to learn with the instruction dvd. It DID take me a bit to catch on and keep up, but once I got it, it wasn't bad :smile: I have about 100 left to lose so we'll see where I end up :happy: I figure, if I keep burning these calories and sticking with my plan, I can't help but lose what I need to. :drinker: If you can do those others, you can do this :happy:
  • arielkaylou
    arielkaylou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys. I have a lot of DVD's from Beachbody, but T25 is the only one that has kept my interest, but since TurboFire focuses on FAT loss, I may try that too. Insanity was too hard on my knees, but I lost about 20 lbs the first month.
  • kellsma
    kellsma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do live turbo kickboxing classes. I am fortunate to be able to take some classes with the creator Chalene Johnson. She teaches at 24 hour fitness near me. The other instructors I go to are on the turbo fire DVDs as well. I highly recommend it bathe movements can be confusing at first but keep at it. It us even more crazy in a live class!! The music she chooses is awesome. I have not actually used the Turbofire DVDs but have been told that with the instructors I go to including Chalene I am definitely getting the Turbofire workout. I have about 55 lbs to lose and I am doing it 5 days a week and keeping up with it. I swear like crazy and feel it all over my body. It really works every part so my advice is to go for it. I am starting T25 tomorrow and I am hoping I can keep up with some if my Turbo classes. Just have to see how the body feels!!
  • arielkaylou
    arielkaylou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It shows that you've lost 25 lbs already and have 55 to lose, so that's 80, just like me :) Hopefully we can keep in touch and stay accountable on here and facebook :) I've never done any workouts with Chalene, but everyone says she is the best for girls. :)
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I loved Turbo Fire! I did it after trying Insanity and it gave me much better results and I also enjoyed it more!
    Loved the variety, and how the workouts are high energy but still really tone you up.
  • kellsma
    kellsma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You bru Ariel. She is awesome and very down to earth. I love that she still teaches classes at a regular health club. Not somewhere where you have to pay big fees. Don't be discouraged if it moves too fast. Just keep it going. Now I have to get refocused and get those remaining lbs off!! You can see my turbo kick check ins on Facebook. As I said earlier I hope I still have the strength with t25.
  • AgnesInWonderland
    Options
    I just started TurboFire today. :)
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Just started my 6th week. I love Turbo Fire. I have lost 7 lbs since starting it on 7/1. My body is definitely changing. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Spresto2
    Spresto2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I am nearing week 4 of the program. I did week 1 twice...because even though I thought I was "in decent shape" from walking and jogging...I knew I needed to give my body a little extra time to adjust to the SUPER fast movements, the JUMPING (which I NEVER Jump so that was tough at first, really tough) and the quick changes of the choreography.

Overall, this is definitely the most intense, high impact aerobics DVD or fitness class I've done...but I have had some good results. In 1 month of using it, my natural waist area has reduced 3-4 inches (some days it's more/some days less) and my hips are shrinking rapidly and went down 3 inches. My arms have reduced in circumference by 1/2 inch and my thighs have reduced about 1 inch each. This weekend, my husband put his hand on the small of my back and his eyes got big and he said, "wow, I can really tell!"...and that really just made me feel like I have invested my time well...especially over all those miles of walking. I'd do 6 mile walks almost daily and all I was getting was hungry and a sore hip. I have lost about 7 lbs too. :) I still eat...about 1500-1700 cal, so, I'm not starving myself and getting somewhere finally!

Another great benefit is that because at first it seems overly challenging...after a couple weeks of cycling through the majority of the different videos, I felt much more comfortable with the moves and could THROW my weight into so to speak and my jumps got HIGHER and it all became much doable. I felt a great sense of pride in pushing through that barrier of not being able to do some moves to blasting through the videos, dripping and happy. They are tough, but they are entertaining and motivating enough that it is very difficult not to hang in there and finish them anyway.

I'm getting ready to start mixing the Insanity videos in now...because TF has given me the confidence to push juuuust a little harder :)

So far, I'm a happy customer. Anyone is free to add me.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Currently, I need to lose about 80 lbs. I am doing T25 and next month I'm going to start Body Beast with my husband, but since there is a sale on Turbo Fire this month I was wanting to get it to do next.
    It says it is to burn max fat, is this true? What's everyone's results with it?

It's not a bad program, although it wasn't to my liking. Too coreographed, and the moves shift too fast with little or no explanation.
    By time I get into the rhythm and figure out the move, they are already moving on to the next move. It was kind of a frustrating program.