Spent so much time being sad and hungry on 1700 calories

Options
halimaiqbal00
halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
edited March 2018 in Motivation and Support
And going around in circles, seeing very little progress for a year. I slowly started increasing my calories while lifting progressively heavier at the gym and am now at 2100 calories and look better and more firm than I did before.

I was so scared to increase my calories, thinking I would return to my previous obese self that I was stuck in a rut for so long. So happy to break it of it. I’m aiming to keep increasing until I find I am gaining fat.

I’m posting just so people know that it’s ok to increase your calories if you think you’ve cut yours too low, provided you’re lifting heavy. You won’t gain a tonne of fat but you will have more energy, and a lot more happiness as you won’t always be hangry like I was!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I remember your past posts. People told you to eat more to fuel your workouts. I'm glad you decided to do that and are happy and have found what works. This is important for lurkers since many people post that they are afraid to eat more.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Another one comes into the light! *cue angels chanting*

I'm glad you feel better and are seeing progress :)
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I remember your past posts. People told you to eat more to fuel your workouts. I'm glad you decided to do that and are happy and have found what works. This is important for lurkers since many people post that they are afraid to eat more.

Thank you! I won’t lie, despite people on here
    Telling me to increase my calories, I was incredibly reluctant but it works! I’ve stopped weighing myself too as my relationship with the scales is volatile so am just going by how I feel and look
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    There is the MFP adage - the winner in the weight loss challenge is the person who can eat the most while still losing weight