How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I usually weigh myself once a week (a Friday morning) however this week i've been weighing myself daily, obviously my weight has fluctuated a lot doing that. I like to keep an eye on the scales as it does help me keep on track.

Just wondering how often everyone ways themselves?

Also i don't measure myself , i know this is highly recommended but i don't think i'll be able to get the tape in the same place every time.

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Daily. But only because I'm 3 lbs from goal and the fluctuations (water weight etc..) are kinda fascinating. I'm just soooo close! So I've been checking daily hoping to see the magic number.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily first thing in the morning and record in Happy Scale. My official weigh in day is Sunday. I should add I'm in maintenance and this has helped me knowing weight fluctuates.
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Daily but I would like to do weekly. It is addicting. For the last week I have seen it fluctuate between 2 pounds and I know I have eaten a lot of sodium so I understand but still don't like it so I feel once a week is better.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Daily. I'm in long-term maintenance, but I know it just is a matter of taking my eye off the process and then the little bad habits start coming back. I've tried it all kinds of ways in the last ten years of maintenance, and I find a daily routine of weighing myself and logging my food and weight has the best outcome.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning first thing so it's at a consistent schedule & the scale records in my Profile account
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Regarding the tape measure. I don't do it either, but I've heard taking some pictures of where the tape is helps.
  • Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily because I like to track the trend of my weight loss. Also, it does help me stay accountable. If I miss a day, that turns into missing 2 days, then 2 weeks, etc. Daily weigh ins are definitely not for every one but for me, I like it.

(I also don't use a tape measure either, I tried, but kept messing it up so I gave up hah!)
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, after I go to the bathroom but before I eat or drink anything. I record my weight in Happy Scale, and only change my weight in MFP if it's gone down at least half a pound lol.
  • Jenna2315
    Jenna2315 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Once a week..i was weighing daily but it got really discouraging
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily as well and keep track in the Libra app.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Daily and trend it using a weight trending app. The trending app weeds out all those pesky fluctuations we see daily.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    M-F post workout. The data you record gives you a lot of key information that can be used to your benefit.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    daily and track the trend over time in my Garmin App. It helps me pinpoint activities that have lead to swings up and down.
  • fayalexpapa
    fayalexpapa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weight myself once per week, on Mondays, although I have been tempted many times to 'check' on Thursdays...just for checking...
    I log the weight in an xls sheet I have made together with %fat, %water that my no name scale shows.

I do not measure with the tape because it takes ages to show something.

I have managed to lose 35 kg the last 10 months and the difficult part is now; how to maintain the weight and to return to a more 'normal' diet.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I used to weigh myself weekly on Wednesday because it would give me enough time to compensate any slight imbalance from the weekend but still reflect my progress and not make me feel rustrated (water weight from sodium etc).

Now I don't own a scale (moved to a new place) and I'm not going to buy one as I'm only staying about 4 months here. I'm measuring myself (which I always do anyway) every two weeks to keep track, plus pictures and just generally how tight my pants feel!!

I find this puts less pressure on yourself, but you do what works best for you!
  • Schlossertim
    Schlossertim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, first thing in the morning. I think it helps with my focus.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    JMcGee2018 wrote: »
    I weigh daily, after I go to the bathroom but before I eat or drink anything. I record my weight in Happy Scale, and only change my weight in MFP if it's gone down at least half a pound lol.

ME TOO! I'm weighing daily but I'm probably going to switch to weekly starting Next Friday. The weight fluctuations bother me even though it's just undigested food/water/bloat.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Every day, it actually makes me less anxious about progress. As I'm in maintenance it logs to MFP but I have it set not to post anything.
  • Xkmaf2018X
    Xkmaf2018X Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm really struggling with the whole thing at the moment, my eating has been out of control this week, I struggle to stay on track, I quite often have a bad day then say "Ohhh I'll start again next week", I normally weigh-in once a week but I'm not wondering if maybe weighing daily would be beneficial for me just to help me stay on track.

• jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, in the morning post pee. I sometimes will weigh myself immediately before bed, post bathroom break as well. I do that to watch the trend and patterns of how much weight I carry at the end of the day compared to what I am the next morning. I've found I'm almost consistently 2.0lbs heavier before bed.