I can't like salmon...

Options
LaraMc71
LaraMc71 Posts: 29 Member
I like most fish and shellfish but I just can't find a way to like salmon. Any recipe ideas that are not loaded with salt and/or sugar?

Replies

• Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Sooo......

Don't eat salmon.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Sooo......

Don't eat salmon.

Seriously.

No need to eat something if you don't like it. There are plenty of other options that will give you similar nutrition.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is a pretty much a show stopper. If you don't eat salmon, you'll never lose weight.
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'd like to agree with "soooo ... don't eat salmon"

I don't like red meat. never have, kept trying it, just can't stand it. I don't eat beef, veal or lamb for love or money.

the sky has not fallen.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Personally I always baked it with pineapple in the oven.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I just don't eat cooked salmon. I found that trout is an excellent substitute for salmon, in almost any recipe, and I really love it.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you're *wanting* to like it - but you're still in search of that perfect receipt?

The BEST way in my opinion - is ceder plank salmon on a grill - with some mccormick's maple bacon seasoning sprinkled ontop.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

found this lil' get up from Publix - that sells 1 piece of salmon w/ the ceder plank in the package already....pretty pricey at $7.99 ]
    but was fab!! I think it's version was maybe some kind of orange mango glaze?

Dress it up anyway - you like salsa? put some of that ontop. a simple butter spray and garlic salt is fun too. endless possibilities.

So if you're really wanting to like salmon and get a taste for it - don't give up on salmon! it's my fave fish. lol

good luck pal :)
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it.

However, I like it most grilled. I also prefer Atlantic salmon over sockeye salmon.

Here's my favorite way to cook it:

Place it on a piece of aluminum foil. Kick the grill up to about 400. Spray the salmon quickly with some olive oil spray (just enough to make the spices stick). Then, I actually use a burger or steak seasoning on it. I don't like the seasonings they make for fish. I apply seasoning pretty liberally, just to the top side. Roll the aluminum foil sides up some so that you don't lose any juice, and kick it on the grill. Cook until done...I like mine a little extra done on the edges so I cook until the excess spice on the aluminum foil turns black/burned. Then, I know my fish is cooked just the way I like it. :)
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like to smoke it on the grill. It's great that way and doesn't need any other junk put on it.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I love salmon...eat it regularly. Best advice I can give is don't eat what you don't like. There are ways to get the benefits of salmon via supplements or other fish.:smile:

8488541.png
  • LaraMc71
    Options
    I think maybe you're *wanting* to like it - but you're still in search of that perfect receipt?

The BEST way in my opinion - is ceder plank salmon on a grill - with some mccormick's maple bacon seasoning sprinkled ontop.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

found this lil' get up from Publix - that sells 1 piece of salmon w/ the ceder plank in the package already....pretty pricey at $7.99 ]
    but was fab!! I think it's version was maybe some kind of orange mango glaze?

Dress it up anyway - you like salsa? put some of that ontop. a simple butter spray and garlic salt is fun too. endless possibilities.

So if you're really wanting to like salmon and get a taste for it - don't give up on salmon! it's my fave fish. lol

good luck pal :)

EXACTLY!!!

Thanks for the idea

:)
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, dried basil,dried parsley, garlic and chopped lemon slices.
    Mix oil,basil,parsley and garlic together in a bowl and put salmon fillets in al foil, add the mixture on top then the lemon slices.
    Wrap it all up and chuck it the oven. Tastes good also im not sure how much of each to put in lol.

P.S im not a chef.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    but seriously... with a dry rub and smoked slowly over low heat

JGG49Re.jpg?1
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    not a fan of it cooked. but raw? its awesome! sashimi style!
  • LaraMc71
    Options
    but seriously... with a dry rub and smoked slowly over low heat

JGG49Re.jpg?1

Looks great! and I have a smoker too :)
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can't like it either! I've tried many different ways, but just can't. I love tilapia, cod, mahi mahi, scallops, shrimp, blue gill, catfish, grouper, crab... pretty much any fish that's not salmon.

If you want to like it, keep trying it, but there are plenty of other things out there!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I like fresh, baked salmon in place of canned tuna, in tuna salad. Otherwise I prefer salmon raw and smoked.
  • Bridgetthegre
    Bridgetthegre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't like salmon at all. Most people I know love it. Cedar planked does seem to be a favorite.