How many pounds does it take for you to lose/gain 1 inch?

Options
mengqiz86
mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
edited March 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
For ladies in a regular weight range - say 19-22 BMI, or 21-25% BF - how much weight translates to 1 inch on your waist or thighs? I gained 1 inch around both waist and thighs after putting on 5 lb. curious about others experience.

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    mengqiz86 wrote: »
    For ladies in a regular weight range - say 19-22 BMI, or 21-25% BF - how much weight translates to 1 inch on your waist or thighs? I gained 1 inch around both waist and thighs after putting on 5 lb. curious about others experience.

this is pretty much impossible to answer because everyone is going to be completely different - people lose from different areas or could be losing inches without pounds.
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    There's no easy way to 'translate' pounds to inches. For instance, I have lost 2 inches from my chest, 1 inch from my hips but only 1/2 inch from my waist. Overall i've had an 8 pound loss so far, but I'm exercising so some of the fat lost has been balanced by slight muscle gain. it's an individual process that works slightly different on each person. I really want to lose around the midsection, but on me that's the last area to show change. Your pattern of weight loss and body reshaping will be unique as well!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    I have been the same weight for a very long time now, but somehow seems my waist is still shrinking. Something is happening but it doesn't have much to do with pounds it seems.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I lost inches before it showed up on the scale.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    As noted, it's super individual. I've lost about 48 pounds and my thigh measurement has only gone down an inch and a half, although I did go down at least half a shoe size. That said, at no point in that time was I a "normal" BMI.