Food scale logging

Ok today I weighed my first meal and it came up higher in some numbers listed than those of items I used to just search for a close match on meal logging, and the scale does not even calculate some things so how do I best log weighed food? Take the scal at its word and skip reporting the missing stuff? Add the missing stuff from the searched entries for a more detailed log or average the weighed andd searched numbers?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    For example:

Aramark - Two Eggs Over Medium, 184 g which is giving you 360 calories. A typical extra large egg (56g) is @ 80 cals. So it would take over 4 eggs to get to 360 calories. This entry is probably a recipe that includes the oil they used,, but how much oil? There's no way to know, so - don't use that entry. Log eggs, oil, and anything else you used separately.
  • EdwardMH2
    EdwardMH2 Posts: 65 Member
    My scale calculates some factors.

jkhofxpq9ymh.jpeg
    soj7mk75jwxq.jpeg
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    That's an impressive spend. What's the "Food Code" for? Are you eating something in the codebook or no?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I've never seen anything like that, but the numbers on your scale make more sense than the Aramark entry. Assuming all you put on the scale is what the food code stands for, it's probably giving you USDA values anyway, I would think.
  • EdwardMH2
    EdwardMH2 Posts: 65 Member
    I try to match the code closest to what I eat.