Lunch ideas for work

43kelli
43kelli Posts: 31 Member
Hi I'm looking for ideas for lunch. I have ham & cheese sandwiches, leftovers, pizza, pasta, mac & cheese. Trying to find stuff that is low sodium. Hit me with your best ideas!! Go!!!!

Replies

• Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    I intend to make overnight oats with lots of fruit when I go back to my job in June.
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Where's the veggies? ;)
    I usually do leftovers. Or sandwich, baked chips and fruit. Or something with a grain, veggie and protein - like, 6-grain rice, chicken and broccoli. Or steak, quinoa and corn & kale. Or tofu, veggies and brown rice.
    And salads with lots of stuff in it (nuts, dried fruits, protein, rice, veggies, etc...)
    curry and rice.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I eat things like

roasted broccoli, grilled chicken, and roasted potato
    grilled asparagus, feta cheese, marinara and grilled chicken
    roasted mushrooms and zucchini, chickpeas and a veggie burger
    hamburger patty, tomato and wilted spinach, chips
    2 scrambled eggs, spinach, tomato, with a piece of fruit
    roasted brussel sprouts, stewed tomato, filet mignon
    roasted cauliflower, ground turkey, salsa, black beans
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Whatever is leftover from last night's dinner. Also been doing a lot of chix noodle soup or chix and rice soup since a whole can is about 200 calories and I can nosh it at my desk.
  • rjdubock0609
    rjdubock0609 Posts: 19 Member
    Cooked and chilled rice with chopped peppers and cucumber in, small piece of protein (baked chicken breast, hot smoked salmon flakes, a bit of sausage) shredded spinach leaves and a dressing made from low-sodium soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar or lime. Low calorie and very flavoursome.

When it's summer I like roasting cherry tomatoes, garlic and peppers and mixing it with couscous (made with 50:50 veg stock and orange juice, for flavour). Then having it with a leftover grilled hamburger and some hummus.