Treating weightless as a priority without letting it become an obsession

Options
katie1234
katie1234 Posts: 74 Member
Any tips on this?

I'm usually in one frame of mind or the other - "I have no interest in losing weight, it's just not my priority right now" or I'm weighing myself twice a day and being totally obsessed.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Eat it, log it, move on to other stuff.
  • kelly_stevens81
    kelly_stevens81 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I found my best loss results were the result of a bit of obssession. Then I developed habits, rules, and routines. Once you get those down you can back off on the obssession a bit. No matter how much I weigh myself only the morning one counts for logging. If you feel something is unhealthy make some rules to limit the impact, I have to eat such and such calories a day, 8 ounces of non starchy veg per meal, no snacks after planned desert etc.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a long term commitment and paying attention to what I eat does take a lot of brain space.

I suggest shifting your goals to establishing new habits, and restrict weighing yourself to once a week. Otherwise you are just watching the water weight go up and down.

How about committing to a six month project then reassess? Take regular breaks from the obsession.
  • kelly_stevens81
    kelly_stevens81 Posts: 79 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Also don't nbeat yourself up for slipping just do better and remind yourself why weight loss is important for the next meal
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can indeed prioritize weight and health management without making it the center of your life. That's what habits and routines are for: Mindfully plan and prelog meals you want to eat, in amounts to fit your calorie target, and weigh yourself first thing in the morning and record the reading. Inbetween those times, I'm sure you have other important things to do. Focus on those.