Easter dessert? Make ahead if possible

Options

Replies

• MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I made a matcha (green tea) cheesecake earlier today, and it looks so green and fresh and Springy that I'm probably going to make one to bring to the family Easter party. They freeze very well, so they're perfect to make ahead.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Someone at work today was talking about making a cake shaped like a rabbit and using coconut on top of the icing to make it look like rabbit fur. I'll see if I can find the recipe she was talking about. It sounded like a cute cake to make for kids.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    This just popped up in my feed...thought of you and your quest for the easy Easter dessert
    https://iowagirleats.com/2016/06/15/gluten-free-no-bake-strawberry-shortcake-icebox-cake/

I love icebox cakes! I might give something like that a shot.
  • Francl27
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    Someone at work today was talking about making a cake shaped like a rabbit and using coconut on top of the icing to make it look like rabbit fur. I'll see if I can find the recipe she was talking about. It sounded like a cute cake to make for kids.

Like this? lol

IMG_1270.jpg
  • 100_PROOF_
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Like this? lol

IMG_1270.jpg

Yes! I think it's so cute!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Like this? lol

IMG_1270.jpg

Is he going down a rabbit hole?
  • 100_PROOF_
    Options

Like this? lol

IMG_1270.jpg

I think so!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Like this? lol

IMG_1270.jpg

I think so!

It was hard to tell, (I’m on my mobile) it is super cute. I love animated rabbit faces better, although the above cake would be easier to make. And who doesn’t love shredded coconut. <3
  • mlheideman
    mlheideman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bananna Pudding
  • Sojo15
    Sojo15 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    vanilla chia pudding with coconut milk and cardamom. Use fresh vanilla bean. It's like custard!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,656 Member
    Options
    Not super thematic for Easter, but one of my favorite things to make for a rich/caloric dessert is tiramisu with homemade sponge cake layers rather than commercial ladyfingers, or a good carrot cake (for the bunny to eat ;) ) might be more thematic.

On the lighter(-ish) side, the pavlova idea sounds good (so pretty), a fruit tart, or profiteroles/eclairs with a light filling.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Meringue nest, add ice cream (low calorie one if you can find it), some strawberries or whatever fruits you like
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I thought this was really cute:

http://www.worthpinning.com/2014/04/bunny-head-fresh-fruit-platter.html

Don't forget the pot of chocolate fondue and toothpicks of course!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Chocolate bunny

This!

Why on earth do you need "a dessert" at Easter?

• Francl27
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Chocolate bunny

This!

Why on earth do you need "a dessert" at Easter?

Because it's dessert. You always need dessert!
  • Francl27
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    You cannot go wrong with a tiramisu. Always better to make it a day or two before the event so that the flavours can really develop and the whole thing gets nice and moist.

I was thinking about that too. Just need to find a good recipe.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    You cannot go wrong with a tiramisu. Always better to make it a day or two before the event so that the flavours can really develop and the whole thing gets nice and moist.

I was thinking about that too. Just need to find a good recipe.

I've tried lots of different tiramisu recipes but this one for me comes up trumps http://chefgordonramsayrecipe.com/tiramisu-recipes/
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This just popped up in my feed...thought of you and your quest for the easy Easter dessert
    https://iowagirleats.com/2016/06/15/gluten-free-no-bake-strawberry-shortcake-icebox-cake/

I love icebox cakes! I might give something like that a shot.

Me too! My SIL requested I bring a dessert at Easter, so I'm making this one: https://www.familycircle.com/recipe/matzoh-blueberry-icebox-cake/
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I made this for family Easter yesterday. Always a hit. I used fresh strawberries and it was perfect!

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/strawberry-pretzel-salad-29400
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options