Which is better white rice or brown rice?

Options

Replies

• robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    White rice is the master rice...i'd stick with it...
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    White rice has no nutritional value. It basically breaks up into glucose molecules and a lot of them. People often feel 'burnt out' and become tired after eating white rice or carbohydrates. Do yourself a favour and avoid white rice at all cost =)
    Thank you, finally someone who has a brain. lol
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Purple jasmine rice, because I love the way it smells and is so pretty on a plate.
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Black rice ftw. It has a lot more flavor than white/brown.
    It can be a ***** to prepare so it's not chewy, though. I usually soak it first and am golden after that.

I've hard red rice is super high in antioxidants, but haven't tried it yet.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Isn't brown rice just white rice with the husk removed?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Has anyone checked webmd.com or livestrong.com?

Lol, strong sources
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I believe brown rice is healthier but I don't always like it's consistency...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    When it comes to the debate between white rice and brown rice, my vote is that I'll have another beer.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    When it comes to the debate between white rice and brown rice, my vote is that I'll have another beer.

haha! Barley & hops are whole grains, no? :drinker:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
  • BeachIron
    Options

haha! Barley & hops are whole grains, no? :drinker:

damn skippy! :bigsmile:
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options

God. I can't stand rice supremacists.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options

^^ This

Amazing to me that anyone could compare the numbers on white and brown rice and get worked up either way.
    Eat what you enjoy.
  • BeachIron
    Options

God. I can't stand rice supremacists.

The Return of the Ricists!
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I always thought that white rice never had that nutritional value to it. Reading some of the arguments on here have made me question that theory. Opinions on this or corrections on this?
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/381241-nutritional-values-of-white-rice-vs-brown-rice/
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    :drinker:
  • BeachIron
    Options
    I always thought that white rice never had that nutritional vale to it. Reading some arguments on here had me question that theory. Opinions on this or corrections on this?
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/381241-nutritional-values-of-white-rice-vs-brown-rice/

I went for a few years thinking bad things about white rice. The worst part about that was that I was living in Japan at the time. Then the obvious hit me. It's food and it has a specific nutritional profile. If that profile fits within your day's goals and you want it, then enjoy. If not, then don't. It's that simple.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    White rice is actually better in some ways... nutritionally they are kind of the same... slight difference, against intuition and the hype, Brown rice actually carries slightly more arsenic than white although they are tiny quantities, also the brown husk layer of brown rice can stop absorption of some essential vitamins and minerals... again, these are small amounts so not really anything show stopping...

White rice is good, brown rice is good, vary it and don't eat too much and make sure it's cooked properly!