Hi :)

Hey everyone, not sure if anyone is actually going to read this but aaaanyway.. i am carrying an extra 40kg after having my son 2 years ago.. i have always been around 60-70kg and i am now sitting at 104 (not sitting.. jogging.. honest! haha) i have lost 3kg in the past month and i am now on a low-ish carb diet but not high fat.. just no bread, rice or potatoes... havent quite given up alchohol but am making better choices and have cut down consumption.. i am (sort of) intermittent fasting, only eat after 12pm.. anywho.. nice to meet you all and anyone that replies, good luck! xx

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Welcome!

If you want to lose weight, all you have to do, is eat less, and you can eat less of anything, but you have to do it for real, so that's why we track our intake (food scale, food diary), and for a long time, so it's smart to not cut out anything we really like to eat or is a natural part of our diet, at least if it isn't causing any real problems - because feeling deprived is the number one reason we sabotage ourselves. So not only can you eat anything you want, you can also eat anytime you want. Intermittent fasting is in its core only formalizing "skipping breakfast". If you don't want to eat breakfast, you don't have to eat breakfast, but you don't have to call it anything to skip breakfast - but if you want to, that's okay too. Low carb IS high fat; no matter how you split your macros, the percentage still adds up to 100.