Motivated friends needed! Yoga buddies?

Options
Hi! I'm 35 and I have a ton of weight to lose. I have been steadily losing weight this year and I would love to have more motivated friends so that we can encourage one another along this weight loss journey. Also, I do Yoga almost everyday so if their are any Yoga peeps out there it would be awesome! :)

Replies

• Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • kaitlynncolbourne
    kaitlynncolbourne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi jen! Im in a very similar boat and would love a friend to help motivate eachother !!
  • TheMom6Girls
    TheMom6Girls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My orthopedic says I would benefit from yoga but I’ve only had a class or two. Feel free to add me as a friend though. I try to login daily and used to be on here last year and lost 65lbs. Got injured and regained 40ish back. I am motivated this time to have friends that can share advice and honesty with their struggles. The mfp community is great !! Hope you have a great day!!
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just started Yoga a few weeks ago and am loving it!
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi OP I added you.

I try to fit yoga into my day at least once, even just for a few minuets. I'm a daily logger on MFP if anyone wants to add me feel free.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Hello - Anyone feel free to add me. I also like yoga. One day - maybe even go thru teacher training. I need motivated and motivating friends, too!
  • kats1294
    kats1294 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, I could always use motivation & very willing to offer encouragement to my friends. Feel free to add me. I'm a newbie to yoga, starting next week.
  • appalachian_gigi
    appalachian_gigi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! Y'all are awesome!
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I added Hot Power Yoga two times per week to my workout routine about 3 months ago and the stuff is incredible. Not only does it shed weight but it also teaches how to control the breath which only helps all other workouts. I'd also suggest Yin maybe two-three times per month. While not a calorie destroyer you will become way more flexible and I've found it massively helped with my running.
  • sewpsyched55
    sewpsyched55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I retired a year ago and am doing the 3 week yoga retreat and loving it. I've lost 7 lbs.so far. It has me moving and I like that its kind to my joints but at the same time, it is a concentrated powerful workout. Please feel free to add me to friends:)
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I first started tracking food in January, followed by weightlifting in February and now just starting to attempt yoga. I post on here quite a bit, anyone can add me!
  • missmaya11
    missmaya11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Feel free to add up, would love help from other users and to help other users! Also, yoga is my passion! Looking forward to getting fit with friends!