latin dance and belly dancing

Options
Hey guys i am very proud of myself today i watched a series of latin dance and belly dancing videos on utube I actually managed to dance with my daughter for about 35 to 40mins it was really fun and a great workout i think im going to buy a set of these videos for myself . I also did 15 minute abs and that was really really hard but i survived !!! i actually exercised and survived ,I am so proud I am really beginning to believe i can do this.everyone thanks for the support! ! flowerforyou:

Replies

• butterfly2008
    Options
    Hey guys i am very proud of myself today i watched a series of latin dance and belly dancing videos on utube I actually managed to dance with my daughter for about 35 to 40mins it was really fun and a great workout i think im going to buy a set of these videos for myself . I also did 15 minute abs and that was really really hard but i survived !!! i actually exercised and survived ,I am so proud I am really beginning to believe i can do this.everyone thanks for the support! ! flowerforyou:
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    I HAVE TRIED "ZUMBA" AT THE GYM (4 TIMES) AND REALLY ENJOY IT! IT INCLUDES SALSA DANCING, MAMBO, MERINGUE (SP?), ETC... IT WAS SOMETHING I DARED MYSELF TO DO AND IT WAS REALLY FUN! LADIES OF ALL AGES AND SIZES! ACCORDING TO THE CARDIOVASCULAR CHART, DANCING BURNS APPROX. 400 CALORIES/HR. FUN AND BURNING CALORIES!!!
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going to gym then doing anything alone. This is b/c when you see other ppl doing something you like to do, you are most likely going to follow the group. I do know most gyms have dance classes as well. Anyway great that you are enjoying your fitness routine.
  • MsLadybug
    MsLadybug Posts: 55
    Options
    i love belly dancing. I take classes one a week (2 hours total) and practice and do dvds every other day. Its addictive but in a good way.

Glad you enjoyed it. My theory of exercise is that it has to be fun and fit in with your life.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    sounds sooo fun!!!

I want zumba tapes!!! lol

we dance to on demand music channels (me and my son....lol) mostly the merengue and salsa and even the disco and classic r&b its awesome....when you love what you're doing you'll do it longer and w/ more intensity...so good for you!!!!!!

hugs!
    ALi
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yay Butterfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got the Zumba series and oh my lord, looks like fun, but a bit difficult to keep up with at first. I figure that if I keep up with it at least 20-30 mins a day, the actual 1000cal hour workout will be around the corner..........right? hahahaha

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • butterfly2008
    Options
    Sassy LOL it was hard keeping up but that was half the fun we just kept doing the steps we could do as to not slow down our pace ,but at least we found out early that we are not dancers ,:laugh: it sure was fun though