My left foot, my swollen left foot and ankle

Options
I've been back on MFP since beginning of Jan and dropped from a size 24 to an 18, feeling great! More active, more energy and genuinely feel so much better than I had. Of course my feet were fat and swollen when I started, but they had gone down a lot as I've been losing weight. Suddenly over the last couple of weeks my left foot and ankle will swell up pretty big. Right foot just barely swells, there is a huge difference between the left and right.

My diet isn't very high in sodium and I eat very little processed food. Occasionally of course I do eat something which is high sodium but the swelling doesn't seem directly linked. I work 3-5 nights a week at a very busy bar as a bartender so I'm on my feet a lot. No alcohol at all since new years. Diary is open I think and I track everything but leafy greens and low calorie veg. I eat at least 8-10 servings of vegetables a day and its mostly leafy greens, cabbage, lettuces. I track vegetables like Brussels and carrots since they're more calorically dense.

Also, oddly as I've lost weight my breasts are significantly uneven. By over a cup, my right breast is larger.

Just normal parts of losing weight?

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I would go to the doctor to make sure. I don't think this is typical. An injury or foreign body can cause your foot to swell. I see it at work ( I'm an X ray technologist ).
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should discuss with your doctor. You may just have lymphatic and venous insufficiency, more so in one leg than the other. You should have your doctor take a look.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I would go to the doctor to make sure. I don't think this is typical. An injury or foreign body can cause your foot to swell. I see it at work ( I'm an X ray technologist ).

Got to rule out a vascular issue like a dvt or problem with a valve in a vein. Also to rule out lymphedema. Get to a Dr and get it checked out.