Enough is Enough

Options
I have been unhappy with my weight on and off for years now. I was finally somewhat content with my size before I got pregnant in 2010, and when I delivered my daughter in 2011, I didn't think i was to far gone, that was until i began working at churchs chicken!!! I stood there at the mirror last Friday, in nothing but my bra and underwear, as my eyes wandered across all 209 pounds of me, and I became disgusted, and ashamed of what I saw! I decided that i would start just by drinking one gallon of water a day, and doing so, i have lost 6 pounds this week. I haven't actually changed the way i eat yet, but I have increased my activity level, and my challenge for next week is a healthier diet! but I am tired of being "obease" "fat" what ever you would like to call it, but I'm done! THE WAR AGAINST OBESITY ENDS HERE!

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You are off to a great start!
  • Desert_flower3
    Desert_flower3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That is the way! I will be more than happy to be your friend and join you and support you! you got the motivation now and you can do this
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks You guys! and I do believe in every single person on this site as well! we shouldn't have to fight this war alone, and i feel like the more we reach out to others, the more successful we will be, and the more successful everyone else will be!
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for those darn meddling kids, I would have never gotten fat. lol
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    yay for you! I reached 270 before I got fed up enough to do something. Good luck on your journey to health.
  • royalty819
    Options

ugh, i know, such a beautiful burden lol
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
    You will succeed because of your amazing drive.

By the way, what is church's chicken?
  • IronMan_DuhamNC
    Options
    Arm yourself with good knowledge, then work up a sweat in application. You will succeed. Just don't quit.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    what an awesome attitude!! you'll do great!
  • shantronathon
    shantronathon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :]
  • thefragile7393
    thefragile7393 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    BWHAHAHAHAH! Yes been through that as well! My metabolism changed with my kids' birth as well...lovely.
    OP, congrats on your great start!
  • royalty819
    Options
    Good for you!!!

Church's chicken is a fast food restaurant, in competition with KFC and Popeyes
  • royalty819
    Options
    Thank you guys for the support and positive wishes! Together we will succeed
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!

Oh:-) it must be difficult to work at a fast food place when you're trying to lose.
  • royalty819
    Options
    Good for you!!!

Oh:-) it must be difficult to work at a fast food place when you're trying to lose.

yeah it was, but I quit in February, but it was too late, i had already gained the weight over the year that I had worked there