Calories burned during full body physical therapy

Options
I recently started physical therapy they want me to do twice a day. It's pretty draining so I was wondering how much basically body weight exercises and exercise ball ones burns calories. I have fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndromw and one thing they said would help aside from the meds and physical therapy is weightloss. I currently weigh 146.2 and am just under 5'1". I used this app before and went from 201 pounds to 135 and put back on some weight in the past few months due to being in so much pain for so long before I got diagnosed that I couldn't bring myself to exercise and gave up on my diet. I'm also a mother of 3 so I tend to be busy anyway seven without the exercise and PT lol. I know I'm not excessively overweight but I'm definitely willing to lose weight if it will reduce the constant pain I'm in.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It depends one the actual movements. I generally figure it burns similar to yoga, which isn't much. If you are working up a sweat and getting your heart rate up, you might consider using calisthenics, but be honest about the time. Moving from one area to another or listening to you PT aren't going to burn as much as squats and push ups.
  • mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would put it in this app as stretching or yoga to get a generL idea. Also what is myofacial syndrome, been having jaw pain, tingling, ear pain myself. Going to doc on tuesday.