Mediterranean Diet Nutritional numbers

Options
Hi,

I am trying to move towards a Meditteranean diet style of eating since I was raised on Italian food made by my parents' friends and neighbors. Old style red checkered Italian restaurants were where we went out to eat. I still do today.

Most of my life, I have eaten pasta pratically every day. A lot of fish and veggies sauteèd in EVOO. I know how to cook the more complicated dishes while leaving out the cream sauces which I disliked anyway.

Is their a macros and nutrients chart for the particular style of food changes by which you wish to eat?

Thank you.

rjm

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    The database.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The Mediterranean diet is normally around 25-35% fat, 50-60% carbs and 15-20% protein :)
  • robinmarkz
    robinmarkz Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    The database.

Which one? I know there's the giant database of foods, but is their one for specific dietary choices?

rjm
  • robinmarkz
    Options
    andreaen wrote: »
    The Mediterranean diet is normally around 25-35% fat, 50-60% carbs and 15-20% protein :)

That sounds about right. More fats but they are the good fats like EVOO and wild caught fish.

Thanks!

rjm
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    robinmarkz wrote: »
    cityruss wrote: »
    The database.

Which one? I know there's the giant database of foods, but is their one for specific dietary choices?

rjm

Food's food. Just log what you eat. It should be in the database.

Or am I on the wrong side of the park bench here?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    robinmarkz wrote: »
    Hi,

I am trying to move towards a Meditteranean diet style of eating since I was raised on Italian food made by my parents' friends and neighbors. Old style red checkered Italian restaurants were where we went out to eat. I still do today.

Most of my life, I have eaten pasta pratically every day. A lot of fish and veggies sauteèd in EVOO. I know how to cook the more complicated dishes while leaving out the cream sauces which I disliked anyway.

Is their a macros and nutrients chart for the particular style of food changes by which you wish to eat?

Thank you.

rjm

you can change your macro settings in your food diary if that's what you mean?
  • robinmarkz
    Options
    Thank you.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    I'm an American living in Italy for 35 yrs. I make pasta everyday or risotto for lunch. For the evening meal I make a protein and veggies. Here it's a lifestyle too---lots of walking. So, as long as you weigh everything on a digital food scale and watch your fats (high calorie, even EVOO). You should be good to go.