The Benefit of Burdens

Options
8xmugroezhbr.jpg

A week or so ago, I heard a good analogy that's stuck in my mind and which I've been thinking about since I heard it.

The story goes that a man drove into the mountains, one winter, to cut firewood. He managed to get his truck stuck in the snow and even with the four-wheel drive, couldn't quite get out of his predicament. He figured help would come eventually and that he might as well cut wood while he waited. He started his chainsaw and worked and cut until his truck was filled almost to overflowing with cut wood.

After filling the truck, stowing his saw, and getting back in the cab to stay warm, he figured he'd try again to drive out of the snow drift. This time, with the four-wheel drive and the ballast/weight from the cut wood, he was able to drive out of the drift and back down the snowy mountain road to home.

The lesson learned was that the heavy load provided the traction necessary for the four-wheel drive to be effective and to carry man, truck, and wood to the destination.

Sometimes, our burdens seem heavy...but the net gain we recognize from dealing with them and working through them is positive. I'm never one to exult in having trials/struggles/burdens/etc....but I do usually admit that I'm better for having borne them.

With that in mind...#goteammfp :)