LADIES! Besides eating clean, what worked for you? *PICS PLEASEEE* :)

Options
Hi Ladies! I'm looking for motivation here. I'm 5'5, 190lbs, and my goal weight is 145-150. I know there are plenty of exercises that can be done at home or outside without having to go to a gym. So I want to know: what worked for YOU? Can you share starting weight, measurements, current weight, etc. Oh and pics pleaseee! I can really use the motivation :)

Thanks!

Replies

• Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'5", sw:153, cw: 134. I'm not sure if I eat clean but I cook everything and enjoy eating out a few times a month. I'm big into meat and veggies and currently I'm doing low carb. But once my tri season starts (in April) I'll have to up the carbs. What works for me is I'm constantly biking, running, or swimming. I love all forms of it and live in an area where it is easy to do. During the winter I usually go back to the gym for weights/cardio but continue to mountain bike in all weather. My goal is to stay under 135.
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5'2", 114 lbs. Starting weight was 170. I eat very clean because when I don't it sets me on the wrong path. But eating clean isn't required for weight loss or maintenance. I log food in advance, weigh and measure it for accurate logging, do a mix of cardio and weights, and check my body weight daily. Logging food in advance--sometimes I don't stick with what I logged, but it helps me see how many calories I have left if I want to make a change or go out for a meal. Checking body weight daily---of course you have the normal fluctuations, but I like the daily reminder, and my app shows me the overall trend.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Eating "normally", an omnivore diet, but weighing and tracking my food has worked for me. I've lost 41 lbs. so far, with 59 to go. I got fat in the past on vegan diets, low carb, whole foods due to not knowing exactly how much (in terms of calories) I should be eating.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    "Not eating clean" worked for me. I don't see the relevance, but I'm 5'3, 125 pounds, lost 50 pounds eating less, but better, and moving more, in ways I like - walking, dancing, playing. "Motivation" is not a magic dust, btw, it's "what you want". What do YOU want?

This..... exactly this !!

I'm 5'4" .... and 104.5 lbs lighter than one year ago.

• Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    5' 5", starting weight 140, current weight 127

I still eat the same foods I have always eaten only now I eat less of it.
    There are no bad foods, just bad portion sizes.

I find any excuse to walk more during the day.
    Sometimes it helps to be as inefficient as possible (if able).

- Don't strong arm the groceries, make multiple trips (this one hurt me as I'm a one trip gal)
    - Park further away from stores/work/grocery
    - Putting away laundry by walking back and forth to make as many trips as you can
    *(if you don't have a laundry room in your home - don't leave your laundry in a public space - bring all of your laundry home and put it in the furthest place from the room it needs to be put away at)

So many ways to move more during the day!
    Just find what works for you and add it to your day :)

• peartree99
    peartree99 Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am 5'6" and lost 26 lbs in the last several months to reach my current weight of 125 lbs. I have been eating pretty clean for years but this is because of so many food allergies and celiac in my household. However, this had nothing to do with my weight loss. Many "clean" and wholesome foods are still very high in calories! It wasn't until I started weighing/measuring and tracking EVERYTHING I ate that the weight started coming off. Yes, I also exercise (some strength, some cardio), but it's the tracking of calories and the calorie deficit that did it. Once I started that, it was simple. I had a goal, I stuck to it and I have had great results. As a previous poster stated, your motivation has to come from what YOU want. Eat foods you like (no salad for me!) as long as you can fit them into your calorie limit. I would also recommend ensuring you are getting enough protein.
  • Ayesha0624
    Ayesha0624 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback. I have a food scale that I haven't used :/

How do you determine the accurate calorie content for the food you weigh? Are you basing it off of the label on the food package?
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't eat clean but weigh and log just about everything, staying within calorie goals. I've lost almost 45 pounds. As far as weighing accurately, there was a recently posted thread about it - try to find it - its good stuff. And yes, weigh out the portions per the back of the pack.

My main focus is on training for obstacle course races. I train, hard. Twice a days on 4 days of the week, plus long technical training hikes and intense focused gym days on the weekends.

However, with that said, you can't out exercise over eating. Being hungry/unsatisfied/empty for a long time didn't work for me, so I had to find balance. I focus on staying within my calorie goals on a long-term basis, which sometimes means eating what I need to do repair and refill my engines, mentally and physically. Most days that means lots of protein, veggies/fiber to keep me full, enough treats to keep me satisfied, I also really like Americanos. Other days it means pre-race fueling up and post-race recovery parties and the occasional what and however much I want day.
  • Mjones23456
    Mjones23456 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The calorie content can definitely be based on the food package. Also MFP has a great data base so if you don't have the label you can find an equivalent in the search.
  • peartree99
    peartree99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ayesha0624 wrote: »

How do you determine the accurate calorie content for the food you weigh? Are you basing it off of the label on the food package?

My food scale is my best friend! The MFP database has so many entries that I can usually find what I'm looking for, and if I can't, it's easy to add an entry. If I weigh a banana and it is 93 grams, then I type in "banana" and choose the entry that gives a serving size of 100 grams and enter 0.93 servings. If you prefer, you can work with ounces. You may have to scroll through different serving sizes under a particular category to find an accurate one listed in grams/ounces. If I eat something that comes from a package or can, it is usually in the database, but I still check the numbers to make sure they match what the label on the package says. I also never believe what the package says regarding how much food is in the package. I still weigh it. For items that are semi-solid or thick, like yogurt, I still weigh them instead of using a measuring cup. Weighing is much more accurate. I will only use a measuring cup if it's a liquid and the nutritional information is only provided for volume. Hope that helps!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    Ayesha0624 wrote: »

For packaged goods check the nutritional info against the package the first time you enter a product into your diary, it will then be in your recent food list, so you can pick it again.

For produce without a label like fruit, veg and fresh meats use USDA entries, for example search "Banana USDA" and you should get an entry with reasonably accurate nutritional info.

The majority of the database is user entered so you need to be wary of the information listed and check it for accuracy. The more you read the info and log stuff, the more you'll get accustomed to whether the information is accurate or not.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You can also weigh the portion and scan the barcode.