What size do I buy the dress in?

Options
katie1234
katie1234 Posts: 74 Member
I've found a dress I'd love to wear for my 30th birthday in 12 weeks. It's almost out of stock, so I need to order it ASAP. Right now I'm a UK Size 14, but I'd love to order it in a UK Size 12.

I'm aiming to lose a pound a week and I'm doing really well so far - motivation is high. I'm eating well - I got a tattoo last week so I can't exercise vigorously yet but I'm walking more and hoping to add more exercise in next week.

Is it realistic to drop a full dress size in the next 12 weeks?

Replies

• HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If you've been losing at a pound a week and don't foresee any obstacles to your continued success between now and your birthday I think the size 12 is a reasonable goal.

You might also be interested in this thread (there are also a few others like it) about the number of pounds people report losing between clothing sizes: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10050492/ladies-how-many-pounds-for-you-to-lose-a-pants-size#latest
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Definitely a 12, you'll get there in 12 weeks and it's a motivator as well.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I think you’ll be fine. I recently did the same with a pair of white crop jeans. They’re a bit tight (but wearable) now, I’m thinking by June they should be perfect. Fingers crossed! lol
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'd also go for the 12. It's only one size difference so I'm sure you'll be fine and at least it won't be too big
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yes, go for the 12, its looking very likely it will fit and it will keep your motivation up :smile:
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You should be fine with a 12, great motivation.