New(ish) People

Options
caco_ethes
caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
I remember what it’s like to be new here. It’s intimidating. Everyone seems to have known each other their whole lives. It’s hard to get a sense of the conversational flow. Inside jokes. So many inside jokes.

But stick around. If you’re newish, post here. Get to know other newish people. Ask the locals questions, like “what is up with everyone saying “tallish” anyway?” and “So is he really a stripper or is he actually a cop?” Or even “why do people keep asking my credit score??”

We like new people. So stick around. Don’t try to figure out why no one liked your post and some other rando got like 16 likes for saying ‘Texas’. Ask all your questions and more here. Nothing is off the table.

Replies

• _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I remember what it’s like to be new here. It’s intimidating. Everyone seems to have known each other their whole lives. It’s hard to get a sense of the conversational flow. Inside jokes. So many inside jokes.

But stick around. If you’re newish, post here. Get to know other newish people. Ask the locals questions, like “what is up with everyone saying “tallish” anyway?” and “So is he really a stripper or is he actually a cop?” Or even “why do people keep asking my credit score??”

We like new people. So stick around. Don’t try to figure out why no one liked your post and some other rando got like 16 likes for saying ‘Texas’. Ask all your questions and more here. Nothing is off the table.

Wait... we like new people?
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

You don't? I thought everyone loved me when I first got here.....

Hang on, what is the time frame on newish?
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

Fresh meat?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    What's with the creampuffs?
    and Who the f*&k is Kevin?

:joy:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I'm not new at all and I still have no idea who the F Kevin is. :lol:
  • _Captivated_
    Options
    I'd love @Sugar_Pill if she came back as a newbie. :disappointed: I miss her.
  • _Captivated_
    Options

We like old people?

We like ANY people?
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options

We like old people?

We like people?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Just_J_Now wrote: »

81Katz wrote: »

The best part about Kevin is that no one really knows who Kevin is..... Well, one guy did. He was frantically looking for him.

I still wonder if they were reunited.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Just_J_Now wrote: »

81Katz wrote: »

The best part about Kevin is that no one really knows who Kevin is..... Well, one guy did. He was frantically looking for him.

Ohhh. :lol:
  • Versicolour
    Options
  • 81Katz
    Options
    I like new people. Well most, not all. :blush:
    But when they have that soft innocence before the politics of chat boards corrupts them. It's really beautiful. Like freshly fallen snow. :wink:
  • Versicolour
    Options
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Too funny. I actually do think of a few people from here when I hear this song.

• 81Katz
    Options
    @lstrat115
    Off topic.

I just wanted to say I pmed you a couple (?) Weeks ago. When there was still some questions about pm glitches. I sent one that said Sup, asked your a/s/l and talked about Keto. It was just a test message. :smiley:
  • Versicolour
    Options

:D
  • caco_ethes
    Options

If I’m not one of them, our cornfield bond is OVER
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I didn’t know the cream puff thing or the Kevin thing, plus I’m wearing tights with no underwear and I can vouch that it is indeed uniquely terrible
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

If I’m not one of them, our cornfield bond is OVER

You're definitely one of them.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like this thread idea. 10 points for @caco_ethes