Hemp Seeds/Hearts - YUM!

Options
Hi! I just discovered Hemp Seeds also called Hemp Hearts. They are actually easy to use - I toss them on top of food or into smoothies - delicious and nutritious! Do any of you use them as well?

Replies

• susanrose73
    susanrose73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle a teaspoon onto my scrambled eggs or on salads. They are yummy!
  • RabbiBeth
    RabbiBeth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! Thanks!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I bought some a while back and was using them on top of yogurt. The brand I picked up is something like 340 calories for a 5 tablespoon (I think) serving, but they made yogurt very filling.
  • goshiwaszko
    Options
    I use them in smoothies, pastas, salads, cereal or any soup! It's a great source of protein for veggies. I love the british hemp seeds - the only ones grown in britain i found are GOOD seeds: http://www.goodhempnutrition.com/8-good-hemp-food
  • RabbiBeth
    RabbiBeth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments! I am really enjoying them. I usually take about 2 Tbs a day (about 110 cals, I think). Great source of plant based protein and omega 3s! : ) And they are surprisingly affordable, too! Bonus!!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I like them on salad or as part of my no-grain hot "cereal" with flax and chia
  • idonteatchoy
    idonteatchoy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use toasted hemp hearts in my fruit salads for breakfast! I haven't tried raw hemp hearts though..