How do you estimate for a restaurant with No nutritional information?

Options
endermako
endermako Posts: 787 Member
My job is taking us to an Italian Bistro tomorrow that doesn't have any nutritional info on their website. I'm estimating as best I can, but I'm a little worried about it. Should I just log my best guess and move on? The salt content alone will make me bloat enough to not want to look at the scale for a few days.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My job is taking us to an Italian Bistro tomorrow that doesn't have any nutritional info on their website. I'm estimating as best I can, but I'm a little worried about it. Should I just log my best guess and move on? The salt content alone will make me bloat enough to not want to look at the scale for a few days.

Yes, that's all you can do. It's only one meal. I have those "one meals" regularly, but not regularly enough to make a difference in regards to weight management. It's what you're doing most of the time that really matters.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I just try to do the best by picking a similar item from a chain that does disclose. It's not perfect, but none of this tracking is.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Find something similar in the database that looks right.

I went out a couple months back to a local pub for their burger night. I browsed around(before I went) through the database for entries that looked about right. and matched the menu from the website. Preselected my burger, prelogged the burger and steak fries. And then went out and had a good time.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    It's called the WAG method.