Filling vegan breakfast ideas please

Hi,

So I've started to diet again and I'm finding it really hard this time for some reason. I'm so hungry all the time. My partner is upping my carbs but I really struggle with breakfast. Oats just do not keep me going!

What do other vegans have for breakfast that is filling?

Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Why does your partner think more carbs would help?
  • loviedove
    loviedove Posts: 2 Member
    Hmm, maybe try toast with peanut butter & sliced banana? Or avocado toast? Hummus? I've also seen recipes where you can use slices of sweet potato instead of bread for a healthier version!

I like to make batches of small homemade breakfast burritos and then freeze them - maybe you can do a good vegan version of that with beans, soyrizo (or just seasoned tofu) and veggies? If you use small/medium sized tortillas you can keep these pretty low calorie and they are great for mornings where you are in a hurry.

You could also try breakfast smoothies - freeze spinach and fruit and add in some silken tofu or protein powder for more protein. Although I know some people don't find smoothies filling enough for breakfast.

I would also try to up your protein rather than your carbs if you're looking for food that's more filling. I know that can be harder as a vegan. Best of luck!
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    This might sound weird, but as a vegetarian and periodically vegan myself I sometimes experience the same. For me it is almost always a lack of some nutrient, and either taking an iron supplement or eating more chickpeas (at least 100g per day) always seems to help. You might be lacking in something else, but I think it is worth experimenting to see if it might help :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    You have to find out which macro nutrient fills you more. Fibre fills me, others find fat or protein offers them more satiety.

• JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    I take a Clif Builder bar to work every day for breakfast. It tides me over until lunch, but I'm not a big breakfast person. I also like a big jar of overnight oats with fruit and nuts.
  • haylzp24
    haylzp24 Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks all! I'll definitely try those breakfast ideas and see if they keep me fuller for longer. Just love food so much haha
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I eat leftovers from dinner. You don't have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast, you can eat the things you enjoy and find filling from other meals too.