• RecognitionT
    RecognitionT Posts: 120 Member
    cityruss wrote: »
    Lol.

This.
  • chenie1994
    chenie1994 Posts: 32 Member
    chenie1994 wrote: »
    What would those benefits be? How would it work?
    They say it improves digestion, metabolism and it hydrates you faster than cold water does.
    Who are they, and what are their credentials?
    LiveStrong
  • chenie1994
    DanaDark wrote: »
    I hear warm water is high in protein while cold water has too much fat. B)
    Really? Ok that's a new one lol
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The calorie benefit from drinking cold water I bet is less than what we get from fidgeting.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Now, lets make it real - and drink cold water while sitting in a deep freeze with no coat.

Now there is something in the making, like ....
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    It does nothing of consequence. Drink your water however you like.

There is no magic secret for weight loss. Not warm water, not lemon water, not apple cider vinegar, not raspberry ketones, not [insert whatever you've heard here].

Eat fewer calories than your body uses. That's it. The end. Seriously.

But I heard that eating 1/5 of a pizza is the only way to lose weight.......

The bottom 1/5 though, right?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

There is no magic secret for weight loss. Not warm water, not lemon water, not apple cider vinegar, not raspberry ketones, not [insert whatever you've heard here].

No. The left 1/5th.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited March 2018

No. The left 1/5th.

Ug, clearly you need to spread the fifths out through the day in evenly spaced meals to keep your metabolism running, plus a sixth meal for green carbs only.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    I have a preference for room temperature water, but that's all it is--a preference.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Soaking in a hot tub drinking a cold one. The calories will get cancelled out. Hoping :p
  • nutmegoreo
    edited March 2018

No. The left 1/5th.

Who's left?

No. The left 1/5th.

Ug, clearly you need to spread the fifths out through the day in evenly spaced meals to keep your metabolism running, plus a sixth meal for green carbs only.

This is starting to sound as complicated as the PeepCleanse (TM)

• nutmegoreo
    Seriously though, OP. Whoever "they" are, stop listening to them. Life will be much more pleasant when you find what works for you. Enjoy your foods, enjoy your water (cold, hot, with tea bags, or coffee beans, or Mio, whatever).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    What would those benefits be? How would it work?
    They say it improves digestion, metabolism and it hydrates you faster than cold water does.

I drink hot water all late fall, winter, and early spring, and never noticed a difference from when I drink room temp / cold water in the summer.
  • chenie1994
    Seriously though, OP. Whoever "they" are, stop listening to them. Life will be much more pleasant when you find what works for you. Enjoy your foods, enjoy your water (cold, hot, with tea bags, or coffee beans, or Mio, whatever).
    You're absolutely right
  • nutmegoreo
    You're absolutely right

Awesome! Your best diet is one that you enjoy, has a variety of foods, and meets your nutritional needs. You may find, over time, that you need to make some adjustments to keep yourself feeling full, while fitting in things that keep your taste buds happy. Play around with some new recipes. Have some fun with it! (I know you asked about water, but in general, on the boards here, too many people are making changes that they are absolutely miserable with and will only stick with until the weight is gone. They promptly go back to the habits they had before and regain. Don't lose the weight doing things you don't plan to stick with once you are finished.)
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    I live in China for now but orignially from Australia. We definitely drink cold (or tap/cold) water in Australia and hot/warm water is preferred here. I get it in winter, but warm water in summer is unbearable!