4 pounds to go !

Options
Tq43
Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
4 pounds to go to reach my ultimate target! They are a stubborn 4 pounds and don't want to be shifted !
I've lost over a stone , steadily and safely but these last few pounds are just not moving for me .
I know it'll take longer to lose them....what's a realistic goal..???...1 pound a week or 0.5 pounds a week at this stage.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    0.25lbs? Or consider recomp instead?
  • LW3380
    LW3380 Posts: 118 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Tq43 wrote: »
    4 pounds to go to reach my ultimate target! They are a stubborn 4 pounds and don't want to be shifted !
    I've lost over a stone , steadily and safely but these last few pounds are just not moving for me .
    I know it'll take longer to lose them....what's a realistic goal..???...1 pound a week or 0.5 pounds a week at this stage.

I'm going to follow this thread as I have 6lbs left to lose to get to my GW and it's taking it's time so I'll be interested to see what advice you are given.

Oh and good luck! :)
  • Tq43
    Options

0.25 pounds per week ? ... ok....I must keep focused on the ultimate goal and realise it will take time ! Thank u.
    LW3380 wrote: »

I'm going to follow this thread as I have 6lbs left to lose to get to my GW and it's taking it's time so I'll be interesting to see what advice you are given.

Good luck to u too !
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

0.25 pounds per week ? ... ok....I must keep focused on the ultimate goal and realise it will take time ! Thank u.
    LW3380 wrote: »

I'm going to follow this thread as I have 6lbs left to lose to get to my GW and it's taking it's time so I'll be interesting to see what advice you are given.

Good luck to u too !

How accurate is your logging? If your deficit is small, being more strict with weighing/measuring etc may help too...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    It is slow going at the finish up, my last 5lbs took me 5 months to expel - it takes being very accurate at weighing food and logging every single thing eaten and staying within deficit.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    ....what's a realistic goal..???...1 pound a week or 0.5 pounds a week at this stage.

What is your maintanance? How much of a deficit can you comfortably make?

It is your decision.

People are saying random figures here but they are not based on any information other than "last 4lbs". Last to get where? If last to get to normal bmi then 1lbs-1.5lbs a week is OK. If last to underweight bmi then 0.5lbs a week might be too quick. You haven't provided any info.

Sometimes people say "it took me months to lose those last 4 lbs" and it turnes out "last" for them was from 164lbs to 160lbs. Well these were my "first" 4lbs out of the 30 that I've lost and it took me 2 weeks only. So I have no idea why people discuss so much the "last" few pounds. It has no meaning on its own. It only has meaning in relation to ones maintanance calories at their current weight. Which can differ vastly.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    The last couple are rough.. it's taken me since September to lose the last 5lb! Just keep trucking along, you'll get there eventually!

To comment on the poster above me, I agree that the smaller you are the harder it is to lose those "last few." From September til now I've lost 5lb.. so it took approximately 7 months to lose 5lb! In the beginning of my journey I was losing 5-7lb a month! But those last 5lb brought me down to 125lb, so it was harder to lose since I had so much less to lose. If that makes sense.
  • Tq43
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I suppose, to answer a question posed, my goal is 9 stone 8 pounds. It's a weight I feel good and comfortable at. So, presently I'm 9st 12 lb. ... still a normal bmi but I'd like to reach 9st 8lb....I'm 5ft 4".
    Thanks for advise. I'll stick with it and keep logging like mad!