Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Keto advice

megansaw
megansaw Posts: 4 Member
hi there, I've just began the keto diet , i'm about a stone overweight and would like to try to lose this over the next 6 weeks before i go on holiday, do people think this a realistic goal? i'm sticking to below 30 grams of carbs a day but i am still concerned if i go over 1200 calories i appreciate that LCHF is not about calorie counting however is guess it has been drilled into me that i shouldn't eat over that.

is there any thing else i should be doing to ensure i reach my target

any advice if appreciated

Megan

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Go back to setup, set weekly weightloss goal to <1% of your bodyweight, log accurately, hit your calorie target, be patient, and accept it if you don't reach your goal in 6 weeks.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Actually, you shouldn't eat *under* 1200 calories.

A stone in 6 weeks is only reasonable if you are carrying 3/4 stone of water weight. So, it largely depends on what you have been eating up to now.

Rather than keto and excessive goals, why not start eating in a way that helps you maintain a weight you are happy with in the long term?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited March 2018
    Lchf may not be about calorie counting, but losing weight is - your body will count for you, even if you dont. It doesn't matter how many carbs you do or don't eat, if you're eating too many calories you aren't going to achieve your goals. That said, eating too little can have negative, long term consequences too, which is why big deficits to lose weight quickly aren't generally recommended.

Get an appropriate calorie goal for a realistic rate of loss, lose some weight before your trip, but go away feeling happier and healthier than if you crash dieted your excess weight away...