New and looking for motivation

Options
I started this app about a year ago but did not stick to it at all. I’m 4 days into to being back and I’m looking for friends and motivation. 30 years old, 5’9”, and I’ve gone from 279 down to 245.5 in about a year. I’m really wanting to get below 200 this year. I’m wanting to be healthier and to feel good about myself again. I’ve been a yo-yo with weight my whole life and I really want to lose it and keep it off this time. Friends are welcome. :)

Replies

• jolley07
    jolley07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm totally new to MFP. I wish you all the luck with your goals! I don't have any friends here, yet... And I don't know how to add any.
  • amandawr10
    amandawr10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also new. Hopefully i can make some new friends and we can help motivate each other.
  • perfectlyflawed0401
    perfectlyflawed0401 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi !! Love being everyone’s cheerleader ! It helps to have people help
    Motivate eachother .. especially sometimes when we don’t getbthatbin our personal lives .. add if you like ! :)
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Just getting back here too and tracking food!
  • mightymac2727
    mightymac2727 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m only on my second day here!... support is always a good thing! Friends are always welcome!....I was 250lbs went down to 166lbs and now at 190.... weight is always a struggle and we all can help each other out!:)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Your motivation isn't some magic powder, it is wanting to get below 200 this year. I’m wanting to be healthier and to feel good about myself again. I really want to lose it and keep it off this time.

To lose weight, you just have to eat less (moving more is optional, but recommended). MFP is not a prerequisite for weightloss, it's just a tool - and you've lost weight! So you have been eating less. If you want to stop yoyo-ing, you have to keep eating less, but also not eat too little, or deprive yourself, and rebound. MFP's suggested calorie target is sound, if you pick a weekly weightloss goal of no more than 1% of your bodyweight.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....feel free to add me!