Healthy macro-friendly road trip snack ideas?

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions for road trip snacks? I'm looking for something lower carb, moderate fat, and high protein! Also, I am vegetarian and trying to avoid sodium (I'll be headed to the beach so I want to avoid bloat). So far I can only seem to come up with protein bars, but I'd like to come up with some more natural and micronutrient-dense snack ideas. Ideally, I'd also like to keep things pretty cheap!

Replies

• stueyg1233
    stueyg1233 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes why don't u try rice cakes ??
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    stueyg1233 wrote: »
    Yes why don't u try rice cakes ??

Cos carbs?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Eggs, nuts, cheese?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you're going somewhere hot, you need to drink more, as well as take in more salt. As a vegetarian, your diet will be naturally carb-heavy. Snack foods are typically more expensive, and low in nutrition, than food you'll eat for a meal. It's up to you to make it easy or difficult :)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Soy, legumes and nuts are about your best bets for vegetarian protein snacks with no fridge - look for snacks roasted with little salt. There are also some good chip-type snacks made with lentils and chickpeas - my grocery has a keto section which has a good selection of this sort of snack which is also helpful to me as a diabetic trying to avoid carbs. You can oven roast your own chickpeas and other legumes.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I just did a road trip and I took along some steamed baby sweet potatoes and strawberries and blue berries....yum!
  • ccol4him
    ccol4him Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Celery with natural almond or peanut butter.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    nevermind